Children's Book Authors/Illustrators discussion

Beryl's Journey (Tales of the Gemstone Elves, Volume 1)
This topic is about Beryl's Journey
My children's books > The Gemstone Elves Book Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (last edited Aug 21, 2013 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Patricia Bennett | 4 comments Hello Everyone,

I’d like to announce that my dream of many years has finally come true…Beryl’s Journey, the first volume in my children’s series about the Gemstone Elves, is now published as a print book. This is a modern-day environmental adventure tale and a 114 page chapter book with over 150 full color illustrations. The target audience is young readers from ages 6 to 10, but it is also a book that the whole family can enjoy. It is my hope that this book will challenge children to see the Earth in a new way…from the point of view of Nature through my very dear (at least to me) elf characters.

The plot is lively with many twists and turns as the Gemstone Elves are alarmed by the way the Human World is changing. The hero of the story is a young elf named Beryl, the only elf who likes Humans and is not afraid to venture out into their world to try to understand them. Beryl’s best friend, Jasper, a traditional sort of elf, is very wary of Humans. Together they embark on a journey to see if there are any safe places left for their troupe to live. In the end they find something that is better than anything they could have ever imagined.

Please enter our book giveaway before September 13th, and if you might be interested, our eBook of Beryl’s Journey is for sale on Amazon at a promotional price of $1.99 for a few more days.

Thank you, Patricia

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborah129) | 29 comments Patricia,
Your book sounds delightful and full of adventure. Best of luck!
Deborah

Patricia Bennett | 4 comments Deborah wrote: "Patricia,
Your book sounds delightful and full of adventure. Best of luck!
Deborah"

Thank you, Deborah and I like your website, Isabella's Special Wish, too. I see a lot of similarities in our books... peb