Rae Gun Ramblings Book Club discussion

The Book Thief
This topic is about The Book Thief
Misc. Book News/Talk > The Book Thief Movie

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Rogers (heidimrogers) | 98 comments I stopped reading this last night with 25 pages left to go (there was a lot of emotional stuff I had read, so I wanted to sit on it and wait before I finished), but when I saw the movie trailer posted I figured they wouldn't spoil the ending (not that the narrator hasn't already done that; I'm still not sure how I feel about the book). Anyway, wanted to pass it along!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fo...

Although almost all of the dialogue looks like it's been changed in ways that to me, seems to change some aspects of the characters, I think it will be a good movie and I plan to see it. But like I said, I'm not sure what I think about the book yet.

Tanya (mommytanya) | 125 comments did you like the trailer?? i'm actually considering watching it.

message 3: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Rogers (heidimrogers) | 98 comments Tanya wrote: "did you like the trailer?? i'm actually considering watching it."

Like I said, a lot of the dialogue feels, to me, like it changes the characters at bit. When I see the movie I'll probably view it quite separately from the book. So, that doesn't really answer your question...