Fantasy Romance discussion

TFS > Lincoln or Tristan?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I say Tristan, but I think Lincoln's going to get her.I mean, he's clearly the male lead.
I won't be sad if Link marries her, but I hope Tristan's not killed off or anything!!! I will cry.

(S.K when you see this-take note. Do NOT kill Tristan or you lose a star!)

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
My body is on team Tristan cause he is soo damn hot! But I'm heart is on team Link because they are obvious soul mates. he fell for her a second time without knowing he was falling for the same girl! He is a cutie too tho

message 3: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 597 comments Mod
Do you have any idea how much it SUCKS to be the writer, know exactly what is going to happen and be unable to comment???????? :O

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you know how hard it is not to beg you to comment?!

message 5: by S.K. (new)

I wanna talk about it tooooooooo!!!!! Lol

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey. YOU. We'll be talkin' if this feeling of dread doesn't go away soon!

message 7: by S.K. (new)

Ha ha ha ha ha! My lips are sealed ;)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I am THIS close to giving her the cold shoulder right now, LOL

message 9: by Howard (last edited Sep 02, 2013 01:52PM) (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Well, S.K. is pretty smart. Would YOU buy books 2 & 3 if YOU knew HOW it all ended & WHO wound up with WHOM??

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Seriously yes-I will give 10 times the asking price of book 3 right now to know!

message 11: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Ladies, here's your chance! The website Marry My Favourite Character Online - http://www.myfconline.com/ - will allow you to marry your favourite fictional character. That means that you can tie the knot with Tristan or Lincoln.

As for me, I'm thinking of Ivyanne!

(Many thanks to Derrolyn Anderson - author of the YA series, "Marina's Tales" - for discovering this website.)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Howard wrote: "Ladies, here's your chance! The website Marry My Favourite Character Online - http://www.myfconline.com/ - will allow you to marry your favourite fictional character. That means that you can tie th..."
I am knocking you bitches outta the way! Only one online! Score!

message 13: by S.K. (new)

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

message 14: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Hi Emm, your first task is to put on a really long movie for your little one, dump the other books and read read read!

I'm still holding out hope that Bane is just going thru a faze and will be all mine at the end of it ha ha if that doesn't work I still have first dibs on Tristian :)

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Bring it!! Ha ha

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I adore my Tristan but if he doesnt get our girl I am going to be inconsolable!

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Yes, Emm do come back and give us your thoughts. Normally we are quite nice but when it comes to Tristian the gloves come off :)

Abs where ya been? Did you get lost in the real world?

Ladies I think you should be prepared for heart ache! Although I don't like it, my money is on Link becoming the winner in this fight! after I console Tristan I will share :)

message 18: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Ladies,
I described our dueling heroes over to my wife last night over dinner. You really don't want to know her reaction to Tristan. :-)

Now, back to my review of Call of the Deep.

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I'll take you all out with my boomerang :) Howard's wife this means you too

message 20: by S.K. (new)

I may never stop laughing!
I don't think Howard is inferring that his wife is competition Jen-but the opposite! You can probably put your boomerang away :)
Beside's Howards for Link-he might be influencing her. Lol!

I am very delighted that everyone is reacting to a figment of my imagination so well-out of all the voices in my head, I'm glad Tristan's is the one I put to paper;)
But more than that, I'm relieved that the people on his side aren't slinging mud at Lincoln in favouritism. I got so angry in Twilight whenever Bella came within two feet of Jacob-I was downright vicious because I LOATHED him. I'm hearing complaints about Lincoln being a sook but other than that, at least the poor guy isn't being tarred and feathered! Lol.

I know hearts are going to get a wee bit broken but hopefully the story stands for itself regardless of the love triangle in the end :)
Or...I'm arming myself with a Boomerang and headed bush!

Nice to have you on board Emm!

message 21: by S.K. (new)

Hey Abby! Good to have you back! And I'm hoping Emm becomes a soothing presence, lol. I'm hearing the voice from 'The Ring' in my head hissing '7 Days!' Ha ha. Trying not to let your updates influence my editing!

message 22: by S.K. (new)

By the way every word I'm typing is intentionally cryptic to mess with your heads. I can't please everyone-but if I'm going down, I'm going down with a grin on my face ;)

message 23: by S.K. (last edited Oct 15, 2013 07:33PM) (new)

Is it too late to turn Ivyanne to sea foam Little-Mermaid style? Ba ha ha.
And Howard's reviews are off the charts good-HE COUNTS!
And he's offering fruit cake up as subtle 'accidental' bribery ;)

message 24: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Oh, I did actually wonder wether Howard was implying that his wife was put off by Tristan's womanizing ways but than I thought nah it can't be, who doesn't want Tristan? Not too say Link doesn't melt some panties himself. He can be my sookie baby ;) well I guess on account of your trust in Howard S.k, I'll stash my boomie away in my waistcoat for now.

So Howard's offering fruit cake hey, well I'll come to your place a make you a fricken three tiered Gabriel gateau special if you hurry the hell up ;)

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Ok, two things 1. I'm a little slow on the uptake and I've just realised Emm, you are THE Emm as in author of Merminia Emm! 2. It's probably completely taboo to mention another author on a discussion dedicated to one author so I apologise S.k you know I adore you but I love the Merminia series too! Emm, I just stalked you and I'm seeing reviews for Merminia 2! is it out? How did this get past me

Is it ok to share the love? I've got plenty to give! I couldn't make fruit cake if my life depended on it tho

message 26: by S.K. (new)

OMG how petty would I be if I minded? Lol!

message 27: by S.K. (new)

And jen I'm hurrying! But I have to get this tax stuff done before the ATO comes after ME with a boomie!

message 28: by S.K. (new)

I've got a 24 hr round-trip To Brisbane via The Bruce Highway tomorrow and I was thinking: 'How funny would it be if I died before uploading?'

message 29: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
What a terrible thing to think.,. Better forward copy to me ASAP just in case ;)

message 30: by S.K. (new)

Well I DO like unexpected plot twists! My ghost would enjoy the irony. And seeing a bunch of U.S writers hacking into my computer files led by an Aussie with a Boomerang ;)

message 31: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
LMAO

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

How did I not see this topic before? Anyhow, I just want it stated that I am all for Tristan, he is perfect. The boat scene (flails) I just cant accurately put into words(my husband was very thankful for the boat scene, he just doesn't know it.) I have nothing against Link, it is just that I always seem to gravitate toward the male who is willing to let the female go, for her happiness, which Tristan tried to do. I will agree that if Tristan dies, besides loosing a star I may go into a state of depression (which the husband would not enjoy.)

message 33: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I think a lot of husbands are thankful for Tristan. Mine included ;)

message 34: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Being Tristan's no 1 fan, I of course would line up to board that boat BUT Link knows how to pass the time under a certain coconut tree! The boat scene is Foreplay compared it that, ooh la la

message 35: by S.K. (new)

Guys you are an endless source of smiles! Thanks for the high praise Emm, and I can't wait to read yours either. I am in a time cul-de-sac right now though-I can't even afford to sleep for 2 more weeks !
I'm pleased with how much everyone likes Tristan's 'boat.' It's a very nice 'boat' and I worked harder on that scene than any other. Not because I'm some crazed 'boat' fanatic but because it's the first time I'd ever written about 'boats' and I wanted it to be the best it could be. I have a very strong rule- no 'boating' unless it moves the story forward.But when I use a 'boat' I want it to balance that line between perfection and realism.
And yes many happy husbands and pregnancies have resulted of that particular mooring, lol. My own daughter not withstanding ;)

So Jen you liked the tree better than the boat? That's really good! After I showed my 'evil trio' the first book they were like: 'BOAT BOAT BOAT!' and I knew I'd be fighting myself there to outdo it. Which I knew I wouldn't.
Naturally, the nicest boats had to sail into the finale ;)

message 36: by Jen (last edited Oct 16, 2013 08:58PM) (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
SK I can imagine how hard it was for you get the "boating" right considering Ivyanne has never been boating before. sure she'd been in a boat before but that boat stayed on shore. She'd never gotten her boat really WET before! That boat ride was sweet, it had to be right. But that boat has sailed now its time for Tristan to go down on, huh hmm I mean go down to the beach with Ivyanne like Link did

message 37: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Oh crap, you never mentioned a pregnancy warning on the book cover!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen bwahhahahahaaa!!!! She never really set sail. That comment just made my night.

message 39: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I think I better re-read.. Back in a sec, or maybe an hour if you catch my drift

message 40: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Ps, sorry if your listening Howard

message 41: by S.K. (new)

Ha ha ha ha! I gave the poor bitch the biggest damn boat in the harbour too! Lol

Howards probably madly baking fruitcake and loathing us all :)

I was re-reading the scene on my phone in the ANZ bank this morning after reading all of this thread, trying to remember what the fuss was all about.
Needless to say, had to put phone away pretty darn quickly! Damn Tristan! No wonder you've got a fan club! I'm president!
But which club is Ivyanne the president of.......? ;)

message 42: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Ok so they didn't actually set sail. The vessel was moored the entire time but Tristan definitely put his sails up and then Ivyanne was anxiously awaiting the full moon

message 43: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Ivyanne has everything a girl could wish for. She doesn't need a dam fan club as well!

You would think my iPhone would recognise Ivyanne as a name by now wouldn't you. I've typed it so many times in the last couple of months!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen wrote: "Ivyanne has everything a girl could wish for. She doesn't need a dam fan club as well!

You would think my iPhone would recognise Ivyanne as a name by now wouldn't you. I've typed it so many times..."

I agree, I am fairly envious of her. Even though the whole breaking one heart thing would suck.

message 45: by S.K. (new)

It sure was! Jen my phone does

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Now you feel our pain lol.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! Another one bites the dust!

message 48: by S.K. (new)

:D

message 49: by S.K. (new)

Wait that's a good 'crap on a cracker' yeah?

message 50: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I don't know how anyone could associate crap on a cracker with good times :)

« previous 1