Fantasy Romance discussion

Mermaid Musings > Ocean-Themed fantasies

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The Call of the Deep by Tracy Lane

This is adult mermaid-closer than the others. A bit more YA but still a good read!

message 2: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Agreed. Doesn't have the steaminess the Marked Ones does but S.K. is going to be a hard act to follow.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
"The scales of six" ? The blurb doesn't really appeal but its getting 5 star reviews

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I like the idea of Abby's read

message 5: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Jen,
"Scales of Six" is well worth it. Not your traditional fist story but so darned good nonetheless. It's on my T-B-R list (To Be Reviewed) near the top along w/ Call of the Deep & S.K.'s next release.

message 6: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 597 comments Mod
Oh my GAWD I just tried a merman-erotica story and I am going to have nightmares for LIFE! Ha ha ha ! SCARRED! SCARRED!

message 7: by S.K. (new)

Lol never mind!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I am in a post three rings funk ya know. I can't shake this irritated mood! I hope the monthly group read is good, LOL.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissawoodreed) I've really been enjoying this series. Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #1) by Carolyn Crane No mermaids, but it has a cool fantasy plot and the love triangle thing.

message 10: by S.K. (new)

I just got my VERY FIRST mermaid book! Wake (Watersong #1) by Amanda Hocking I'm so proud. Wondering how the YA will resonate with me in this genre but I'll make a leap of faith

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm...let me know how you go. I saw Amie's review

message 12: by S.K. (new)

Ha ha ha! Isn't it just....just WRONG?! Lol.

message 13: by S.K. (new)

Abbyvich wrote: "Hmm...let me know how you go. I saw Amie's review"

I really enjoyed it! Sort of! I'm not rushing for the sequel, but it was better than what I'd been expecting :)

message 14: by S.K. (new)

I just started reading what seems to be the top ranked mer book, 'Of Poseidon' and I'm a little scared that I'm going to hate it. I love 1st person POV and I love 3rd person POV. However this one seems to be willing to use BOTH-in present tense-and I'm tense now! I hope it flows better than it started, I really do or I'm going to re-tie the bikini and dive back into mermaid waters-as a YA writer.

message 15: by Becky (last edited Nov 05, 2013 09:09AM) (new)

Becky | 195 comments I haven't read "of Poseidon" yet on my to read list. I have a few recommendations though Mermaid A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon The Mermaid's Knight (Once Upon a Time Travel, #3) by Jill Myles Fortune's Fool (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #3) by Mercedes Lackey Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1) by P.C. Cast all very good in my opinion.

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments cool, I will thanks.

message 17: by S.K. (new)

Revel by Maurissa Guibord

Just saw this cover-think it's pretty enough to make me want to read it! Lol!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

S.K. wrote: "Revel by Maurissa Guibord

Just saw this cover-think it's pretty enough to make me want to read it! Lol!"

I should probably read the write-ups first??????

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments As a Mainer, I feel it is my duty to look into this mysterious island... ;)

message 20: by S.K. (new)

Rebecca wrote: "As a Mainer, I feel it is my duty to look into this mysterious island... ;)"

Ha ha I so would too!

You're from MAINE?! Jealous! That's my absolute favourite place in the world!

message 21: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments Maine just makes me think of the shining it looks like a beautiful place

message 22: by S.K. (new)

It does doesn't it? I went through on a tour a few years ago but didn't get to overnight. We saw two places briefly and they were so lovely. I used to be obsessed with the books Fog (Losing Christina, #1) by Caroline B. Cooney and the fire and the snow. I practically know them off by heart!

message 23: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
You have have got to check out this trilogy. I just finished and I am just wrecked by it!! Torn to pieces but in a good way. Sorry no Mermaids but you trust me right? If your in this group you obviously know I have good taste :)

The Guardian Trilogy: The Complete Collection

message 24: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I hope you love it as much as me! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one!

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I haven't read any of those but will definitely put then on my list

message 26: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Is the Bronze horseman Pauline Simmonds?

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments I want to read the outlander series eventually

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments Emm wrote: "I am truly loving the new TV series for Outlander. I liked the book too, but admittedly I got tired of the constant sex. Same problem with The Bronze Horseman. They are both beautiful stories, but ..."

lol that makes sense it gets old with all the sex there has to be more to the story.