Fantasy Romance discussion

Currently reading and recs > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I'm 35% into The call of the deep! It's a fun read so far. Nothing like TMO except the Mermaid factor of course. Although Meri is 21 it does read more YA. I love that kiddy feeling you get when the characters are falling for each other but still claim to be just friends until their kidding around and then oops they fall on top of each other and their eyes meet;) sound extremely childish and lame but I find I have a huge grin on my face Lol

message 2: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments . . . when the characters are falling for each other but still claim to be just friends until their kidding around and then oops they fall on top of each other and their eyes meet . . .

True but the world would be such a dull place if books didn't have that sort of plot line. :-)

I'm about a third of the way thru Tempest Revealed. Definitely YA but this genre can be a lot of fun. Not sure yet when & if I'll write a review.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
It's definitely a lot of fun! At half the half way point of The calling of the deep and wondering if I'm the only one that wants Meri to end up with Mat not Jeff? Have you read this one Howard? I think you would enjoy it

message 4: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments I've read it & it's at the top of my T-B-R (To Be Reviewed) list.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen wrote: "I'm 35% into The call of the deep! It's a fun read so far. Nothing like TMO except the Mermaid factor of course. Although Meri is 21 it does read more YA. I love that kiddy feeling you get when the..."

I liked that bit too. I wish I hadn't read it on the back of TMO because I probably would have liked it more.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked Mat too

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissawoodreed) I'm reading Walking Disaster too. :-)

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate and Fairy Tales and Ever Afters, Volume One by Danielle Monsch on the kindle.

message 9: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 597 comments Mod
Becky wrote: "Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kateand Fairy Tales and Ever Afters, Volume One by Danielle Monschon the kindle."

I have to read these my hubby has both on his shelf

message 10: by S.K. (new)

And has Lauren Kate brought out a mermaid one? I just saw it in K-Mart (Everyone in my family is getting books for Christmas this year) and it's called teardrop or something.

message 11: by S.K. (new)

Raising Girls by Steve Biddulph I'm reading this because I need HELP

message 12: by Becky (last edited Nov 05, 2013 04:57PM) (new)

Becky | 195 comments I am halfway through torment I don't know if teardrop is a mermaid one, been awhile since I looked at the blurb about it. I am hoping after finishing the fallen series to start on Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer that sounds like a good series and also the other faiytail books.

message 13: by S.K. (new)

I have the three-One year old, 4 years old and my 8 year old step-daughter and they are a bloody handful!

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments I can't imagine what that's like I used to babysit a cousin of mine and that was hard it has to be harder when it's your own kid. I don't have any kids but would like a few someday.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish I had some children. But it will happen, I hope. Need a baby-papa first.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Amiebeanreading wrote: "Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5) by Kristen Ashley everyone thinks she rocks out the word so im trying her finally"

Ive read some of the Dream man series. Some good, some bad

message 17: by Jen (last edited Nov 07, 2013 07:58PM) (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
I'm just over half way with Arsen
Its a real emotion extractor. Not recommend for those with strong views on cheating

message 18: by S.K. (new)

Amiebeanreading wrote: "Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5) by Kristen Ashley everyone thinks she rocks out the word so im trying her finally"

Jen wrote: "Amiebeanreading wrote: "Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5) by Kristen Ashley everyone thinks she rocks out the word so im trying her finally"

Ive read some of the Dream man series. Some good, some bad"

I've been meaning to try her too

message 19: by S.K. (new)

Started Merminia by Emm Cole today!

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments reading The Last Mermaid by Shana Abe on the kindle and Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

message 21: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments reading Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James and Unchained Melody by S.K. Munt on the kindle

message 22: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments I just bought The Harlequin Doll by S.K. Munt I plan on reading Palpitations by S.K. Munt soon and then Harlequin doll next.

message 23: by S.K. (new)

I am reading The Short Life of Sparrows by Emm Cole and I feel awful that it's taking me this long to get to Emm and Howard's books. But I'm getting there! I was SO annoyed that I couldn't read with my flu. That's supposed to be the upside to getting sick!

message 24: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments yup being sick sucks..i think I have a sinus infection or something on Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James it's not a bad series. I feel bad that I thought it was crap. I was wrong.

message 25: by S.K. (new)

I really loved that series. I would have made it waaaay shorter (the first book bored me) but I love how she flips the switch on him

message 26: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments have you read the new one? I'm reading The Water Witch (Fairwick Chronicles, #2) by Carol Goodman and The Pursuit of Mary Bennet A Pride & Prejudice Novel by Pamela Mingle . I got my stitches out today!! Thank God for that!

message 27: by S.K. (new)

I'm halfway through it Becky. What stitches did you have out?

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments on my knee, I fell at work. Six stitches...no fun. weird thing is that it didn't hurt that much.

message 29: by S.K. (new)

Ouch! I've only ever had stitches once when mum's bike spokes ripped my heel off, lol. I'm still wary of baby seats for bikes!

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments Man that sounds worse than me. I work in a warehouse with a metal floor and fell on it. It looked so nasty it looked like someone's brains. I had an incident with a bike too, lol. Kinda clumsy.

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky | 195 comments it's all good, just the paperwork that goes along with it sucks.

message 32: by S.K. (new)

The Fictional Woman by Tara Moss I'm reading this right now. I get to meet this author tonight and I am SO excited! I've been following her various pursuits for years :)

message 33: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments Im currently reading The Hunger Games,Found and on again off again Paper Towns

message 34: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments Are wegoing to do any book club reading?? Group reading??

message 35: by S.K. (new)

I'm currently reading The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh and I'm struggling between loving the writing and not quite getting the character development