The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Author's Corner > Marketing the Independent Novel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy | 154 comments Marketing the Independent Novel: Lighting a Spark or Spitting in the Wind? http://bit.ly/13EAgOs

message 2: by Don (new)

Don Satalic (donsatalic) | 135 comments This is a hard business indeed. Barnes & Noble lost $87 million last quarter. Their stock price dropped 15 percent. For right now, there are no guidlines. Some things work, some don't, and they change every day. Whoever knows the answers probably wouldn't be on Goodreads.

message 3: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy | 154 comments Maybe Don. Or maybe they are just trolling GR and snickering at everyone else who is doing it wrong. :p

message 4: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments I makes me sick abs really sad to see bookstores falling by the wayside. I'd rather hold an actual book in my hands, and not an e-reader. I guess I'm going to become extinct too. :(

message 5: by Don (new)

Don Satalic (donsatalic) | 135 comments Gamal, executives of major Hollywood studios are replaced constantly. No one--and I mean NO ONE--knows what is going to work in the story business. If you think you know, grab the next plane for Hollywood and make $billions. Otherwise, you just keep trying different approaches--some will work today and fail tomorrow. The sure bet: if you do nothing the results are assured.

message 6: by Don (new)

Don Satalic (donsatalic) | 135 comments Carmen, there will always be physical books. You just won't be purchasing them in brick and mortar stores. That distribution method is (to quote you) falling by the wayside.