Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Through the Balustrade
This topic is about Through the Balustrade
Book Issues > Please Correct Cover

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 208 comments Cover can be found here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/throu...

There does appear to be another edition available at GoodReads, which has a cover, but it has less information. You may want to combine them or at least compare them.

Thanks,

Jon Moss

message 2: by Jon (last edited Aug 21, 2013 08:01AM) (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 208 comments Sad to hear about Amazon data. Thought GoodReads was staying retail neutral? Too much to hope for I guess.

Yes, it's probably the same paperback edition.

Thanks, Jon

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Jon wrote: "Sad to hear about Amazon data. Thought GoodReads was staying retail neutral? Too much to hope for I guess..."

Amazon is the only bookseller who currently has given goodreads permission to use their website data. Not a question of neutral or not.

In fact, goodreads still does not use the amazon data feed (used to before their current terms of use for the data feed required amazon to be only purchase link shown on main book page and goodreads doesn't agree to the terms [logically, with the buyout, expect something will happen with that]) so all the self/indie author createspace and kindle books still have to be manually added.

Goodreads uses a variety of data feeds (including the Ingram/onix data a lot of the brick and mortar bookstores use) that may or may not include booksellers (I don't know all the data feeds in use).

Goodreads can use publisher websites for data (even if book being sold on the publisher site for goodreads purposes not considered "bookseller site").