The End of Cypress Trees {An Advanced Roleplay} discussion

Moss Beach > Seaside Trails

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Eton walked slowly down the path, flicking some cigarette debris to the side as he did so. His sunglasses were resting on the bridge of his nose; he was being careless. But there wasn't anyone around, so he didn't mind if they caught a glimpse of his eyes.
A jogger would run past every few minutes, every time they never failed to eyeball his clothes more than his eyes. He would stare blankly at them as they passed, maybe nodding, and inhale a puff of his cigarette.
His red notebook was tucked snugly under his left arm, pencil put behind his ear.
Casey, his German shepherd, was prancing along a few yards ahead, chasing various creatures and insects as she went.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

((*coughs loudly*))

message 4: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Jacqueline was nearby setting up an eisel for a painting. It wasn't as foggy as usual and she could see miles of coastline. She smiled to herself with satisfaction and began setting up her paints when she was surprised by a German Shepard.
"Ah!" She fell backwards onto her tailbone. Her face shown an odd mix of surprise and confusion and her mouth was shaped in a distinctive "o".

((Sorry it's not very long, im trying to use my phone in class.))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Eton started jogging after Casey, quickly grabbing her collar and bending down beside her. He ran a hand through his hair, pushing his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose.
"Sorry 'bout that. I should probably have her on a leash." He apologized, Casey growled at the term.

message 6: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "No. No. It's okay. I just wasn't paying attention. But she's pretty. Your dog, I mean." Jacqueline mentally hit herself, what else would she mean besides his dog? But she managed to keep her confidence and smile as she stood up. "What's her name?"

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Her name's Casey." He smiled, scratching the top of the large animal's head. "She's perfectly well trained, so you can pet her if you want." He informed the girl, nodding slightly.
His eyes focused on her art supplies, though you couldn't tell behind his shades.
"Oh, you're an artist? Do you do primarily traditional?" He asked, cocking his head slightly.

message 8: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Not often, I don't like oil paints and those are what give the traditional look to paintings. I prefer to paint with watercolor." Jacqueline answered. She leaned down and scratched Casey behind the ears. "I'm Jacqueline by the way." She stood back up and held out her hand. It was stained like the old jeans she was wearing with many different colors of paint. With her other hand she pushed her brown curly mop that people call hair out of her face so she could get a look at his.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Eton returned her handshake with his own hand, clad in his worn-out leather fingerless gloves. They looked almost grimy, but he hadn't had the chance to stop by the cleaner's in awhile.
"I'm Eton." He stated simply, allowing his hand to drop down to his side. However dirty his gloves may be, his outfit seemed the almost opposite of Jacqueline's. He was wearing fine dress pants that he had recently purchased, a dress shirt paired with a red bow-tie, black suspenders and a leather jacket to match the gloves. His style was recently labeled "hipster", but Eton spits at the word.
"I do some art myself," He noted, waving his small notebook in the air before tucking it underneath his arm. "But I'm more of an aspiring director, you could say. Nothing more than scribbles; no intricately designed and thought-out masterpieces like you make." He explained.

message 10: by Wʀɛռ (last edited Sep 29, 2013 10:02PM) (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "I wouldn't call them masterpieces." Jacqueline trailed off, but her face showed delight when given the compliment. "But being a director sounds like fun. Plays or movies?" She asked curiously. It wasn't everyday you met a person in Moss Beach who had dreams beyond their small town. It was just one of those places that people can't escape from no matter how determined or stubborn they were.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Movies, I would like to think. I need cool special effects." He spoke in a joking matter slightly. "I doubt I'll get into it, though. I don't have the education for any form of college. Never got my GED." Eton didn't exactly know why he was telling that to some random girl he thought, but he had made it a habit to let people in on parts of his life wherever he traveled. He did it subconsciously; he never truly intended to. But he imagined it was just so he might be remembered.

message 12: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Special effects are fun, but anything that requires serious make up artists is a bit difficult. Especially because make up that thick and molds are a nightmare on the skin." Jacqueline recalled her classes in special effects make up. Her model's skin broke out from almost all of the make ups. "But I suppose everyone likes a good explosion too." Jacqueline shrugged.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Decided to change the topic, he glanced at her finely painted nails. "Oh, I like your paint job." He commented, cracking a smile. He waggled his own nails in front of her, though they weren't intricately designed. Just black and blue, slightly chipped and worn out.
Eton wasn't that good at conversation, he'd admit it. He had nothing to relate to with others, and if he talked about himself the discussion would get stiff and awkward.

message 14: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Artists don't exactly get to have the most glamorous hands." Jacqueline laughed lightly. "I haven't seen you around before, are you new or is it because we're both the antisocial types?" Jacqueline was sure she knew everyone that lived around Moss Beach that were her age. The high school didn't have more than 500 students and he definitely wasn't much older than her. She couldn't figure it out.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm a nomad." He explained quickly, raising a hand to the parked red car down the trail. "I travel around the states for the time being. I dropped out of high school sophomore year." Eton said the last part with contempt. She would probably assume he was an uneducated idiot. "I'm a lone wolf. 'Cept Casey, of course." He patted his friend on her cranium, and she yipped happily in response before running down the trail to sniff out more insects.
"I'm guessing you live here?"

message 16: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Just right up there." She pointed a half a mile away from where they were to a row of houses on the cliffs. Most of them were really nice beach houses, but the one that Jacqueline lived in was not. "Why'd you drop out?" Jacqueline hated her school and wondered if she could be a dropout sometimes.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Heh, it's a long story.." He started, rubbing the back of his neck. "I dunno. I guess I just sort of felt I didn't need it, y'know? I was positive I could make my own way without a GED or college degree. And I am." He opened his arms wide to gesture to the wide open place, smiling in turn.
"I'd much rather be out seeing the world and learning from experience rather than being stuck in a damp school doing the same thing every day. Being tested on memorization, not actual knowledge. I'm more of a hands-on learner."