The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newbie from Montreal

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya D (mtlbookworm) | 188 comments Just wanted to say hello! I'm actually completely new to goodreads.com. Joined about a week ago and have been exploring the site ever since.

Boy is this website addictive!! I'm actually surprised that it took me this long to find the site, considering the amount of books that I read.

Recently I've begun feeling just a tad bit ignorant, despite all the reading Ive been doing. I came across a very large list of "Classic" novels-- and realized that I'd only read about 10 of them-- and none at all since cegep (which was 5 years ago).

SO. My big summer goal this year is to read as many classics as I can get my hands on. None of my book lists here are complete at this point- I think they'll be a constant work in progess. I've read far more than what's listed, and my to-read list has no bounds and probably never will.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and reading everyone's book reviews/recommendations!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10122 comments Mod
Tanya, wow. Your going on a Classics binge huh? Great news... We are currently nominating books for next months group read, and the second catagory is for Classics.....

Welcome!

message 3: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome to the group, Tanya!

message 4: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Tanya. Welcome! Like Lori said, check out the nominations list for the classics category this month. Lots and lots there! (As if my TBR wasn't already long enough!)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tanya! Welcome to our group!

message 6: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Hi there Tanya :-)