Opening to a New Enlightenment (O.N.E) discussion

Free Thinking

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.C. Eisele (new)

T.C. Eisele (tceisele) | 1 comments Mod
How many thoughts in your head are truly your own and have not been inserted into your consciousness by some other influence?

And then the moon flew up....... (Bellari) | 1 comments It is called the social construct. Since many of us think in groups rather than as individuals, it is difficult for us to have an original thought. More or less like a tug of war on thoughts between state and individual.

message 3: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Russell I think all of our thoughts are at least influenced by our experiences or the collective human consciousness. So maybe it is hard to have an original thought, but that doesn't mean that we can't bring a forgotten thought or concept back to life, that is what I hope to do to some extent. As a gnostic/esoteric Christian of sorts, I want to share a path that has almost been forgotten due to the passage of time and the suppression of the church.

message 4: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Russell PS...we really need to bring this group to life! It seems like there has been very little activity in over a year!

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil (philpatterdoom) | 1 comments What is "ownness?" How can you "own" anything? For a thought to be truly your own, there must be a "you" which can "own." I am skeptical of such claims.