What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Solved! - The Cat Who Went to Cambridge [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jilliangs) | 48 comments I actually thought that the above line was the title, but google searches have thus far brought up nothing. It's a humorous short story that parodies Frankenstein and pokes some fun at university life. I encountered it on audio (in a hodgepodge collection of short stories that I got out of a now far away library) so maybe it's not even in print. Anyone know the author or correct title or most importantly where I might find it as text?
Thanks!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 28 comments There is a not-dissimilar sounding Robertson Davies short story in his collection "High Spirits" called "The Cat That Went to Trinity." It isn't set at Cambridge, but rather at the University of Toronto, but I bet that's it.

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jilliangs) | 48 comments That's it! I wonder why I misremembered the university and even country...
In any case, thanks!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 28 comments There is a definite old-world tone in his descriptions of the university. I really recommend the whole volume -- it's made up of his annual ghost stories told at the college holiday party, and it's a lot of fun.

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jilliangs) | 48 comments Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.