Political Debate discussion

Washington, DC > Religious Involvement in the Government

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 55 comments What you think about how much or a part religion should play into the laws. I'm totally against it, being an atheist.

message 2: by Davis, Staunchly Liberal (someone has to be) (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 401 comments Mod
Maria wrote: "What you think about how much or a part religion should play into the laws. I'm totally against it, being an atheist."

It's a necessary evil, to have religious men in office because the American populace is so overtly religious.

message 3: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 55 comments But how far will we go to get the religious people out?

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Religion should only, if any, play a moral part in laws. nothing more.

message 5: by Davis, Staunchly Liberal (someone has to be) (new)

Kyle wrote: "Religion should only, if any, play a moral part in laws. nothing more."

Fuck no it shouldn't play a part in the making of moral laws. Some religious morality is downright retarded.

message 6: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Like which ones?

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Do you read like only the parts that disagree with you? Because 2 little words in my post my make my post agree with yours, "if any".

message 8: by Davis, Staunchly Liberal (someone has to be) (new)

Kyle wrote: "Like which ones?"

Hmm; it's immoral to eat pig meat or shellfish in the Old Testament, Christianity can be used as grounds to discriminate against homosexuals, slavery is a big part of the bible, there is INCEST in the bible, all sorts of really really really nasty shit goes on that can be called 'Religious Morality'.

message 9: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Well obviously you wouldn't you use that shit. Also, you're also assuming thats the only religion that would be taken into consideration.

message 10: by Davis, Staunchly Liberal (someone has to be) (new)

Kyle wrote: "Well obviously you wouldn't you use that shit. Also, you're also assuming thats the only religion that would be taken into consideration."

Well, you said it dude, not me.

All of the Abrahamic religions have the same basic tenants, and those are the 3 most popular world religions. I would live in a country governed on Buddhist or Hindu principles, but that will never happen haha.

message 11: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Buddhist principles...would be amazing :D

We would all have meditation time in the middle of the day :D

message 12: by Davis, Staunchly Liberal (someone has to be) (new)

Kyle wrote: "Buddhist principles...would be amazing :D

We would all have meditation time in the middle of the day :D "

It would be epic.

message 13: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 10 comments they could have justified anything from the bible, a more tan person in the bible was bad. thats how they justified slavery. i read fredrick doglases book.

message 14: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 10 comments i dont like budisum, i reserched it last year...

message 15: by Davis, Staunchly Liberal (someone has to be) (new)

Sarah jean wrote: "they could have justified anything from the bible, a more tan person in the bible was bad. thats how they justified slavery. i read fredrick doglases book. "

Exactly. Morality is completely separate from religion.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Church and State. I'm making a project out of it, as my school is across from a church. A wide-view to get both, but change the seasons to the church side to winter and the school to spring. :D

message 17: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) lol

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Church and State need to be separated. Always.

message 20: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 89 comments one is logic and the other is a fantasy