Gigi's Company discussion

General > The Daily Blog

Comments Showing 1-50 of 265 (265 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Kathleen (last edited May 17, 2009 10:02AM) (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
Please use this thread to share anything important, whimsical, funny, sad, or interesting in your life. Examples of what daily blog posts could include:

your cat had kittens,

you've been asked to serve as maid of honor in a wedding,

your favorite author will be at a book signing in your home town,

it's your birthday, etc.

Let us know whether to offer congratulations, commiserate, or give you a hug.

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Joke of the Week:

What did math say to science?

I sure got problems.

Groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments ugGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH CUTE THOUGH

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! Reminds me of why I disliked both so much in school.

message 5: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
And I'm the nerd that liked Math, LOL! I still do - I'm the bookkeeper for my family's auto repair shop. Give me Sudoku and I'm happy, LOL!

It's funny, Kathleen, that you mentioned maid of honor in the first post, Kathleen. My brother and his fiancee asked me to be a bridesmaid in their wedding. My daughter will be their flower girl. The wedding's set for October 10th, which is kinda cute; my parents were married October 8th, 1977.

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Gina, Congratulations!!! Let us know how the wedding turns out. My daughter will be in her third wedding in two years this summer. All of her college friends are getting married. It is the reason I thought of the bridesmaid example.

message 7: by Gina (last edited May 21, 2009 12:37PM) (new)

Wow! Reminds me somewhat of that movie, The Bachelor, with Chris O'Donnell and Renee Zellweger; all of his friends getting married before him, the lone stallion.

Oh my end, it's funny. Shannon (my future sister-in-law is getting married in October to my brother. Her sister is getting married in August. While her sister's been planning hers for about a year now, Jason and Shannon have only been at it for about 3 months.

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Does anyone have any special plans for this summer?

message 9: by Gina (new)

Kathleen wrote: "Does anyone have any special plans for this summer?"

Not really, LOL! My son's birthday in August, and I've got a couple of Drag Races to go to, one with the kids, one without, so it's not much.

We don't take many vacations. If we do, it's probably just to Marc's parents cottage, and that's about a 45 minute drive away. But it's a nice spot: no phones, LOL!

Marc and I take one vacation a year, without kids, to Sudbury (about 4 hours south of us). We take the kids to the races in Earlton, but Kirkland Lake is our time. I work extra hours in the summer; we're really busy, and with the kids in day camp from 8:45 to 5:00, I get to put in extra hours, bringing home extra money. I like that, LOL!

message 10: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T No big plans for the summer. With just taking the kids to Disney World that was our family vacation. The kids are away the first two of July, as I still have to work and then I have a few camps lined up for them. For me many days of reading.

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments wtg Wendy-- I spent morning packing as Jim and I are moving in July so what didnt get packed to move left the house in form of donations.And That gave me a chance to re organize stuff as my daughter is moving out this weekend--have mixed feelings on that but its a good move as she is 19 and going with the b/f.

hey Wendy Hope my book is on the TBR pile.

message 12: by Kathleen (new)

My thanks to everyone who responded. My husband and I are going on vacation, but I always take my laptop with me. So, most of you won't even realize it. On vacation I usually post every morning when my hubby is in the shower. Good way to pass time in a hotel room.

message 13: by Gina (new)

LOL, I'll bet! I can't wait until I've saved up enough for a laptop of my own.

Karen: Last I'd heard, you hadn't decided where you were moving to. LOL, is it safe to assume you guys have found a place?

message 14: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Karen I didn't realize your second book is out. What is the name and I'll add it to my TBR shelf. Where are you moving to Karen?

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments
Wendy
Not out yet still finishing it. I will keep u posted. Just up to Reid street where the old st petes school is. The Title will be Dead Comic Standing. not related to Dead Onarrival. I abeing very careful I have some very astute editors behind me on this one. It's not me, although I am getting better. My hubby and one of the editors says this book has a stronger plot and story than the first.
Gina
Yes we are geing into a building with an elevator and onsite laundry --staying in Peterborough.

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments as for my daily blogging got no writing done what so ever yesterday bad girl. Hopefully today but the sun is calling. My step sun is visiting so he and Jimare communing with the fish then Mike is helping at a charity BBQ and Mike is going to help. later on they are thinking of going to see Terminator. It's nice for them to spend time together as mike doesnt get here often. Heather is packing as she and her b/f are moving to Oshawa--1 hr SE of here. Gonna miss the little chick but we can chat and text.

message 17: by Gina (new)

Karen: awesome! Are you guys still thinking about moving elsewhere altogether, like before? And that's great they're spending quality time. And Heather is moving out - wow, gonna feel like an empty nest for your? My kids are still small enough that moving out won't be for at least another decade, but hey - I'm already cringing the teen years, never mind moving out, LOL!

I don't have much planned for today. I vegged this morning, watched cartoons with the kids. With the sun peeking out behind clouds, I was hoping to shove them outside this afternoon while I did some housework. Alas, the sun said screw you and I got rain instead. Dammit. So, with the kids keeping themselves occupied upstairs, I got a load in the dishwasher done, and two loads of laundry. I'll wait and do the dusting when they're in bed. I've tried and tried and tried doing it during the day, but the kids always decide at that time to constantly interrupt me and I give up. Better doing it while they're asleep so I can get it all done in one shot. :D

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments Okay well yes we still have the cats if they count as dependants but Heather is laying claim to one of them when she and Rob get settled. I engaged inretail therapy--Mama needed a lift! So two pbs and a blouse later I am on evenfooting again. As far as moving farther away out of Province were waiting on the economy out west to improve for at least a yr.

message 19: by Karen (last edited Jun 01, 2009 05:07AM) (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments Monday June 1

as I slept from 730 last night well, I read then slept I was up and awake at 7am
called our sports centre and registered for a salsa dance fitness class. Zamba here I come!!!
got a load of dishes done. I am not going in for volunteer work as I am still feeling kinda punky-had sore stomach yesterday and there is no comedy group today. A have a support group to attend this evening so I have a free day ahead.

message 20: by Kathleen (new)

I always think of summer as beginning June 1st. Yippee!!!!!!!!! It's summer!

message 21: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Wish we had some summer weather, feels more like April weather.

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments you sure its not March wendy?

message 23: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Really, it does feel like March weather also.

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments Not fair I was looking forward to shorts and sandles weather.

message 25: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Me too.

message 26: by Gina (new)

I'm not really a shorts and sandles person, but I do like my jeans and t-shirts in the summer. Here it is, June 3rd, and it still feels like April around here. Heck, it snowed here on Sunday, for crying out loud! I can't wait to be able to walk around in a t-shirt and not freeze to death; looking really forward to putting away all of my sweatshirts for the summer.

Work was hectic... how can you tell there's racing coming up in three weeks? By the number of people walking in at the last minute for parts, that's how! Holy crap, are we busy at work! While being busy makes the day go faster, it also takes it's toll on my office work, and that's piling up faster than I can blink!

message 27: by Gina (new)

Not doing much of anything today. I wanted to tackle the jungle of a yard we have, but our lawn mower is busted. Plus, Marc got a gas-powered weed whacker and I've not a clue how to start the thing. Meanwhile, I have some Jet Dry cleaner in the dishwasher, cleaning that up. I've got a load in the washing machine waiting to start, and the kids are supposed to be cleaning their rooms and the playroom. At the moment, I don't hear toys being dumped in the toybox, so I'm wondering what they're up to.

message 28: by Kathleen (new)

I was at a conference last week. Just chillin' this weekend. I have posted the July 2009 Author of the Month poll and hope to post the July 2009 Books of the Months polls this weekend also. Next week will be busy.

message 29: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments I had a date on Friday night that turned out to be pretty good. He was someone I met about 10 years ago, he was married. Then when he got divorced, I was dating someone. Now we are both single at the same time. Anything can happen. LOL

message 30: by Kathleen (last edited Jun 16, 2009 10:55AM) (new)

Good luck! Keep us posted, Colleen.

message 31: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Thank you, I think he is playing the waiting game, I have not heard back from him yet. He is a car salesman and works 9 to 9 most days expect for Friday.

message 32: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Good luck Colleen. Hope you hear from him again real soon.

message 33: by Gina (new)

Same here, Colleen. Good luck for sure!

Not doing much either, besides laundry. I've had a rough week, and this week isn't looking any brighter, either.

message 34: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Today the sun finally decided to make an appearance in Connecituct. I am going for a walk to enjoy it. Then my friend is opening a new bar so I will stop by there tonight.

message 35: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 134 comments It's sunny and actually feels like summer Yippee

message 36: by Kathleen (new)

After a beautiful early summer with temperatures in the 70's and 80's, it is a humid 93 this week in the American Midwest. Oh, well, guess it is definitely summer.

Also, Karen, I wanted to let you know that I checked 'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy by Leslie Langtry out of the library today. It looks as funny as you said. I just love over the top romance novels of this sort.

message 37: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Finally here in Connecticut it is beginning to feel like spring. I know it is the second day of summer, but I will take what I can get.

Speaking of weather, I was in Dunkin Donuts this morning when I heard a familiar voice, I looked up and it was the local TV news weatherman, the one I have a secret crush on. I said "Hey I wake up to you every morning!" He was very nice, we are both on Facebook and he wanted to make sure we are friends. LOL He asked my my name and we shook hands, he had the most beautiful blue eyes. LOL giggle, giggle. I feel like a school girl. Nothing can make me crabby today. LOL

message 38: by Kathleen (new)

Colleen, What a nice chance meeting.

message 39: by Gina (new)

Kathleen, when it comes to really good hilarious novels, Karen has a way of finding them, LOL! She's recommended some to me that have kept me in stitches throughout the entire book.

It's hot, it's sticky humid, and I'm hating it. We're trying to save on our hydro bill, so no A/C. Ugh. I'm in pj's, trying to cool off, and it's not even 4pm!

Sorry I haven't been on. My computer froze on Friday, and I was in Kirkland Lake all weekend for the races (drag races). Great weekend, even if none of our guys from Timmins came home with prize money. North Bay is this weekend, but I can't make that one.

message 40: by Kathleen (last edited Jun 25, 2009 03:17PM) (new)

Gina, You are improving my geographical knowledge of Canada. I google all the places that you mention so I now know the location of Kirkland Lake and North Bay. Just wondering, why isn't there a lake at Kirkland Lake?

message 41: by Gina (last edited Jun 25, 2009 01:48PM) (new)

LOL, I've not a clue! I can tell you, though, that Timmins has lots, some right in town. Gillies Lake and the Mattagami River (Timmins), Pearl Lake (Schumacher - look about halfway down the pics, you'll see the McIntyre Headframe in the picture with the lake. A few more down is the Dante Club, where my we held our wedding reception), Porcupine Lake (South Porcupine is on one side, Porcupine is on the other). That doesn't include all the others in the surrounding area either, like Big Water, Hersey, plus the 22 lakes at Kettle Lakes Provincial Park, Bob's Lake just out side Porcupine, and Night Hawk Lake.

As for Pearl Lake, it isn't a lake to swim in, but it's still beautiful to look at, especially when the weather is calm and you get the mirror image of the headframe. I can walk 2 blocks, cross the highway, and the lake is right there. Gillies Lake has a beach and swimming as well as Big Water and Hersey, and they're just minutes from home by car, Gillies is closer, though. The grocery store where my husband works, is right by the lake! As you watch the webcam, you can't really see the beach from where it's positioned, and on the other side, the part you don't see, there's the grocery store, Esso gas station, KFC, McDonald's, Tilden Rent a car, and Budget used to be there as well, but they've since moved. As the cam is spanning the lake, you can almost see Timmins & District Hospital.

message 42: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I'm new here and looking forward to getting to know everyone. My name is Annie and I live in Calif. Just wanted to share, I got a new kitty and his name is Bogart.
Photobucket

message 43: by Kathleen (new)

Ann,

Welcome to Gigi's Company, we are happy to have you here. I have two cats, one of whom is half-Siamese. They are the most loving creatures. You will adore Bogart. He looks like a cutie.

I see from your profile that your favorite author is Jayne Ann Krentz. She is one of my faves as well. Writing as Jayne Castle has a new Ghost Hunter book, Obsidian Prey (Book 6) due out August 25, 2009. I can't wait, my favorite Krentz series is Ghost Hunters. Dust Bunnies rule!! You mentioned that your favorite Julie Garwood medieval was Ransom, it is my favorite Garwood medieval as well. We have several other authors in come. Welcome to our site, make yourself at home, and tell us a little about yourself.

Again, welcome and happy reading,

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 44: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Yes I love her Jayne Castle Ghost Hunter books and her Amanda Quick books. Medieval is my favorite time for books, knights in shinning armor so romantic lol...

About me, not much to tell. I'm single living in Calif. with my two cats, Zoro and Bogart. I have two daughters and they are both living in England; Christy is my oldest (28)she is married and has two of her own, Olivia who is 4 and Noah who will be 2 in Sept. Melissa is my baby (24) and still trying to find herself, looking for love in all the wrong places; to much like me. My son Andrew died in a car accident 7 years ago on Aug. 1. he was 19. It still hurts as much today as it did 7 years ago and I still cry when I talk about him.

I work for the county, Juvenile Probation as a office asst. but I work with the probation officers not the kids. I'm way to soft hearted, I think the parents should be in jail not the kids. Most of the kids don't stand a chance with the parents they have.

I get lonely with my kids and grandkids so far away, but I have some very good friends who I love and they love me so I'm doing OK. I love to read and I also love to crochet. That is me in a nut shell lol...

message 45: by Gina (last edited Jul 05, 2009 08:02AM) (new)

Hi Ann and welcome to Gigi's Company! Sorry I didn't get to welcome you sooner; my hubby was off the entire week (he works nights at a grocery store) and has hogged the computer the entire time. He's off to do some dump runs with one of our best pals, so I get the computer. Woohoo! LOL!

Cute kitty! How is Zoro taking it with a new kitty in the house? LOL, my best friend did that, and her first cat got very territorial, LOL! If it wasn't for being so blasted allergic, I'd love to have one. The kids bug me all the time, but I only have to be in the same room for 5 minutes, that a cat has been in, and I tear up, my throat swells and I itch all over.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. It's always hard to lose someone we love, especially one so young. But I know Andrew is watching over you.

As the office assistant, I'm assuming you must do a lot of paperwork, LOL! And I agree with you; I know a few kids myself who always seem to be in trouble, but if their parents gave a damn, they would get into that trouble. What is the world coming to when we have parents who couldn't care less? Was that how they were raised? If my kids (Vanessa turned 8 in April, Mathieu is turning 7 in August) act up, I usually threaten with hog-tieing them, then explaining that I gave them life, I can take it away. Usually makes them stop and think, LMAO! I'm cringing when the day comes that they don't believe that anymore, LOL!

Well, as I already mentioned, hubby's been hogging the computer, which has driven me crazy this past week. *eyeroll* He works nights, and I have a routine at home with my kids. When he's off, it screws up the routine royally, LOL! He's back to work on Tuesday night, and while I'll miss him being home, I'd rather have my routine back, LMAO! Oh, that sounds horrible, doesn't it? But he's been working nights since before our daughter was born, and I'm so used to him sleeping during the day and being gone at night that, when he's off, the routine I set for the kids gets screwed up and I have a hard time getting them and me back on track when he goes back to work.

We celebrated our 9th anniversary on Wednesday (Canada Day). If you could call it celebrating. Marc wanted to take the kids to the Timmins Underground Gold Mine Tour, seeing as the prices for the tour were at half-price for the day. Unfortunately, we missed it (won't get into why - suffice to say he was too busy with the darn computer.) We ended up at his parents for dinner, then to my parents afterwards, and watched the fireworks with the kids. How many people can say they get to see fireworks every year on their anniversary? LOL!

message 46: by Gina (new)

Okay, today is Monday, July 6th. I'm just posting a quick note that I may be on sporadically for about a week. My Norton Antivirus/Antispyware is now over and I have to renew it. Only, I don't renew it, I buy a new one every year, un-install and reinstall. So, if I'm on, it's because I'm at work, LOL! I should be back with you all on Friday or Saturday.

message 47: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Gina have a great week!

message 48: by Gina (new)

I'm trying, LOL!

Went to a funeral today. Marc's aunt and uncle came up from the U.S. and now that the snow and ice are gone, they decided earlier this week to finally hold the burial for Marc's grandfather. I think the final goodbye will do us all good.

message 49: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Yea, but I am sure it is not any easier the second time around. My heart goes out to you.

message 50: by Gina (new)

Thanks, Colleen.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6