Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm angry that:
a. I have nasty, Northern Germany genes which make my face into a hairy old man.
b. That I have to go have hot wax poured onto my face every month to make me look female.
c. That I decided to try the cute old town place for an impulse "see if they have time" slot
d. I thought it'd be acceptable to take the only time she "found" in the computer
e. that the time wasn't for an hour
f. That I decided that moment that it'd be fun to wander around Old Town and wait an hour for a spot in which they could do my brows for sure and my lip "if she had time"
g. That I didn't listen to my intuition saying: if I'm taking the time to do one I aught to do both, no thank you waxing place
h. I ignored that intuition
i. I bought overpriced magazines and one hiking book while I wated
j. for a rather shitty brow wax
k. of course they "didn't have time" for my lip
l. I over tipped
m. that I decided to then not stop and buy tomato plants because I was still mad about the shitty eyebrows I now have
n. Now I'm home and wish I had some tomato plants

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments How frustrating, Sally! Yeah, I've had bad experiences with salons I was trying out, and having an appointment "squeezed in" during the day. Always a danger sign!

In my case, it let to bad bangs, and me being so annoyed I locked my keys in the car through being distracted. My mother-in-law had to come rescue me.
Bleah!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Here Sally, I'm handing you a Margarita.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

That sounds awful, Jackie. I'd heard bad things about this place, too, and I was unwilling to believe it. >:(

Thank you Jim. *gulps*

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Alcohol will make it all better! It's Friday!

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally, I had someone wax my brows once, except the wax burned my skin (even though she swore it wasn't burning it). And when the aesthetician pulled off the wax, it pulled some skin and left a nice little scab. I still have the scar on that brow... and subsequently, I prefer tweezing if I do anything at all.

Maybe it was supposed to happen the way it did so she couldn't tear your lip off with too hot wax (because she does that alot?). I'd imagine THAT would really hurt.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Actually, you're right, because they used the hard wax - the kind they have to pull slow to do, and that would have hurt like holy fuck on my manlip.

message 9: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Aw, those darn Northern Germanic genes (I also have these, in abundance!). I also have a horror waxing story, but am too ashamed to write it publicly.

Here's to horror waxing stories and that we have survived them! ::chinks glasses with the gals::

message 10: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Wow, makes me feel lucky to be a guy. Sorry about your aggravating day, Sally.

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Please take care of your lip, Sally.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

I just checked, dudes. And it's true. She fucked up my right eyebrow. I should have ran when I saw her. Or more like the moment they didn't have a proper appointment.

Damn that place. Now I'm going to have this one arched skinny brow all weekend. Arugh!

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Here's the thing:
My eyebrows don't look bad all arched like Beyonce's,
but they're not mine, you know?
I don't really wear makeup, or sparkly gowns, so I don't need Drag Queen eyebrows.

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm with Tad on this one. Man, sometimes I think women have it bad in this world. You people get waxed.

Any guy who gets waxed without a DAMN GOOD reason...well...I just don't get you.

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I agree. No waxing for me.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Sally... try these:

[image error]

message 17: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Sadly, Sarah, if you have the aforementioned German/Irish/Ethnically-Hairy genes the hair is usually too, um.... 'manly' for these kinds of products to work well. At least, for me they never do. I went through an entire box once just to do ONE section of leg. Not much fun.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I use that box product. It works great on everything except the bikini line.

message 19: by Lori (last edited May 17, 2009 04:22PM) (new)

Lori I use an epilator on my legs. I was shaving all my life til just a few years ago, had to do it every day if I wanted to stay smooth, I'm also a hairy beast! The first time did hurt but nothing tramatic and after that not too bad. Now I can go at least a week, altho in winter I hardly do it at all. The hairs grow in much finer and after awhile, thinner too. Love it!

I also had just blond hair above my lip but suddenly it's darker. Wah! And those chinny chin chin hairs are evil - they have an alien mind of intelligence and evade the tweezer - breaks off instead of the root coming out, I can't stand it! I feel like I'm in a war.

I've never had my brows done professionally. And I'm obsessed with them, just can't get them right. I wish I had gone when I was much younger to get them shaped right.

message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments OH I feel you're pain, Sally. I've tried new places before too. I have only ever found ONE person who could wax my brows without making me break out. If you find that person, you mustn't stray. No matter how cute the neighborhood.

message 21: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments I have never had my brows professionally done, but I have pretty light colored hair, so you can't tell too much when most of my eyebrows are growing back.

Still, extra hair where you do not want it is such a pain in the ass! It just never stops coming, and I have sensitive skin as well. Waxing is a no-go for me.
Sally, it sounds like you had one of those really, Really shitty days.
I hate it when something makes me that mad...especially something I paid for!

message 22: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Yes ladies, this is a war that we will forever fight. My grandmother finally took matches to her legs and burnt everything off as a young woman. I wouldn't want to go through that kind of pain, but she had smooth legs for the remainder of her days.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) But weren't they scarred?

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

My terrible, terribly uneven eyebrows:

Photobucket

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm getting mad just looking at that picture. Grrrrr!

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Ok, I have been around the block enough to know that no comment is the right one here

message 27: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ok, look at what they're supposed to look like:

Photobucket

message 28: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell The lighting is weird in your first picture. Do you have a better one?

message 29: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited May 18, 2009 03:32PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments One eyebrow looks much thinner than the other. You poor thing!
:::pats Sally, offers tea and cookies in solace:::

I suggest eyebrow pencil to fill it in while you're waiting for it to grow back, Sally.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments I kinda just looks like you are are skeptical about something (all of the time)

message 31: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Yep, I'd be ready to kill. You could just have the other one done to match, so they'd at least grow in at the same rate.

It's not horrible (read: disfiguring), but I would def be annoyed at the waxing chick.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori Holy crap, Sally! You don't look terrible, doncha worry, but there is such a noticeable difference, WTF! And I love your normal eyebrows too.

message 33: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell You looked just fine with your eyebrows how they were. Who cares about eyebrows? I hate when women pluck out their eyebrows and then draw it in with a pencil, like Pam Anderson.

Hair on your lip on the other hand...shudder.

message 34: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments 32 made me laugh, Kevin...

I think 30 is actually a pretty cool pic. If you hadn't pointed out the eyebrow thing I wouldn't have noticed.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Cosmic Sher wrote: "Yep, I'd be ready to kill. You could just have the other one done to match, so they'd at least grow in at the same rate.

It's not horrible (read: disfiguring), but I would def be annoyed at the..."

That's what I'd do.

message 36: by Sally, la reina (new)

No WAY would I get the other one disfigured like this. No way. What if they didn't grow back?

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments That sucks, Sally. Good luck with whatever you decide to do about it.

message 38: by Sally, la reina (new)

I think I've decided on arson.

Burning that whole block down would treat them right.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Do it! Do it!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally wrote: "I think I've decided on arson.

Burning that whole block down would treat them right."

::note to self, don't piss Sally off::

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments girls can be very vindictive

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

That might be just a notch past vindictive.

message 43: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments dialed up to 11?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

BunWat wrote: "Mess not with the eyebrows. "

I think that points been made ;-D.

message 45: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i asked someone with a shaved head if they had ever tried Nair instead of shaving. they said they had but it dripped down to their eyebrows and pretty much erased them too. enough of a testimonial for me. i do not need to look any more like Dr. Evil

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yeah, because then you would have to get a hairless cat, too, to complete the look, Kevin.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments "it got weird didn't it?"

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Sally, they would grow back. I promise. And it really doesn't look that bad. The worst part is how uneven they are, not how thin they are. It's not like they're Clara Bow thin.

message 49: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, this is true.

message 50: by Sally, la reina (new)

So I woke up today, Wednesday, all hopeful that five days after the attack of the hot wax that I might have sprouted some seedling follicles.

**sigh**

No new growth on which to report. Still one, long, lone bare brow in a giant expanse of face.

See, I've always liked my puffy brows, because they somehow fit best on my puffy face. This little skinny arch up there just accentuates my roundness.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.