Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > KMM - Fever Series

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nifferness (new)

Nifferness | 33 comments I don't know if this is the right group to have this discussion in...but I just finished Faefever and I am so darned pissed off at the ending I want to scream!!! I was just curious if anyone else wanted to gouge out their eyes, rip out their hair and stomp around like a darned rhino boy??? Grrrrrr.

I should add - I loved the book, it's just I'm mad that I can't find out what the feck happens for another several months.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Lol yeah I know wjat u mean this whole series has been like that but yet I keep reading. I know there is a discussion of this already in another group but I just can't remember which one.

message 3: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 66 comments I felt so unbelievably pissed off at the end of that book as well! I still want to read the next one, but I just felt so strung along when the story ended SO abruptly.

message 4: by Nifferness (new)

Nifferness | 33 comments It just can't be like that!!! It can't. Is she going to be Pri-ya now? Does the LM really have control over her? Gosh darn...ahhhhhhh. It's too much.

message 5: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 66 comments It really was too much. I think I was pissed off for a solid week after I finished. But like an addict, I'm going to read the next one! ;)

message 6: by Missy (new)

Missy (missy_v) | 6 comments Do we know when the new book is coming out? I think I liked the books more as I continued in the series and can't wait to see what happens.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa August 25th is the publish date for Dreamfever

It's too long in between books if she's going to leave cliffhanger endings!

message 8: by Nifferness (last edited May 15, 2009 10:51AM) (new)

Nifferness | 33 comments That wasn't just a cliffhanger ending, that was the MOTHER of all cliffhanger endings. I'm in a rage and I can't get out!!!

I'm trying to read something else to keep my mind off it but the book I chose is turning out to have a wimp of a heroine and it's pissing me off she isn't more like Mac.

message 9: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 66 comments If the next one leaves as big of a cliffhanger, I think I'm going to have to swear off the series. It just seems such a rude thing to do to your readers, and I don't think I could handle another cliffhanger without wondering if the author hates us.

message 10: by Nifferness (new)

Nifferness | 33 comments Good call Erin...She better come to her damned senses and quickly.

Okay I'm curious though, she talked about orgasms, did she indeed have sex with those 3 very bad unseelie princes? I couldn't tell for sure, that and after I threw the book across the room I was too pissed to go back and read it again. I mean I believe she's due for some nookie but with Barrons, not THEM!!!

message 11: by Nifferness (new)

Nifferness | 33 comments Oh I was going on the assumption that the 4th was the LM, because she said she sensed there was another there but she wasn't sure...I thought she was just sensing him??? Hmmmm it was really late at night but I had to finish, then because I was so mad I was up for hours after LOL.

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Actually Niff--I can think of a few series that do this. And I see red EVERY SINGLE TIME. The authors make me so MAD. And then its 6 months to a year before you can find out what happened (screaming hysterically in rage) Why, why, why do they do this. I'd willingly pay 14 bucks for a 600pg book if that's what it takes to avoid those stupid cliff hangers. GGRRRRR, if I wanted cliff hangers I'd go see the Perils of Pauline and stock up on the old serials from the 30's, 40's and 50's.

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments I agree I hate how she ends those books!! Drives me nutz I try to forget about it until I read the next one.

Wait so she did have sex with all three I thought it was just the one. And correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the same guy her sister was gaga over?

I do wonder if Barons or V'Lane can help heal her from the addiction

message 14: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) I just can't believe how absorbed I am in this series! It's fantastic, hands down my favorite read yet. I finished the fourth book last night, and now I'm in a frenzy trying to figure out who she helped kill! ARGH!
Needless to say my mind is rather numb this morning from considering the possibilities. Has anyone here read her Highlander series? If it's anything like the fever series, I'm running to the bookstore and buying them!
:)

message 15: by Starling (new)

Starling I actually returned the 3rd book in the series back to the library. They have no money to buy the fourth and the fifth is a year out.

I'm going to wait to read the series until she finishes it. There are open ended series and I love those and will happily wait a year for the next one.

And there are closed ended series that are actually a single story in 2,3,4 or 5 books. Or worse 15 books and the author dies before it is over. I've gotten so mad at some of the authors that I won't read the series until it is finished.

message 16: by Starling (new)

Starling Oh, and a question about the Highlander series. Is it Paranormal Romance with each book having different couples in it? I actually avoided buying one of them today when I was in Waldenbooks. With a coupon for a romance novel! Which is where they were shelved!

message 17: by Kelleigh (last edited Sep 28, 2009 01:27PM) (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Starling wrote: "Oh, and a question about the Highlander series. Is it Paranormal Romance with each book having different couples in it? I actually avoided buying one of them today when I was in Waldenbooks. With a..."

Starling, Each book does focus on different couples. The first book is based on Hawk and Adrienne while the second book is based on his good friend Grimm. So the stories do connect somewhat. It has time traveling and fae, so I would think you could consider it paranormal romance :) Also I've been told to read them in order since the characters reappaer every so often.
Hope that helps!

message 18: by Starling (new)

Starling That was what I was afraid of. I might try one, but I really prefer urban fantasy with continuing characters. Thanks for the head's up.

message 19: by Kelleigh (last edited Sep 29, 2009 08:28AM) (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Starling wrote: "That was what I was afraid of. I might try one, but I really prefer urban fantasy with continuing characters. Thanks for the head's up."

I feel the exact same way you do... It just seems that when you have a series that feature different characters in each book, it's almost as if you have to start from scratch each book. I love continuing stories as they absorb you all the way through. I am however giving this series a shot. I just started book 2 and they tied in Grimm enough to the last story that I don't feel like I'm compeletly starting over. Have you read the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost? Sizzling story line, great continuing characters throughout.
Happy reading!

message 20: by Starling (new)

Starling I found Night Huntress when there were 2 books. I've really enjoyed it.

message 21: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (ktbookabout) | 7 comments My son is ready for nap but I just found this thread and had to say....these books are driving me crazy. I love them...but the endings whoa!

message 22: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (ktbookabout) | 7 comments So if I were like Mac and kept a running tally of what I need to know about this Fever series my notebook would start with these questions...
Who is the blue eyed guy, and what significance is he going to have on the story?
Why is Barrons able to navigate out of the silvers so quickly, but can't navigate to find Mac?
What's the deal with all these "cold" dreams Mac is having?

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 97 comments For me, this is one of the best series I've read in a LONG time. I love so many different authors and series, but this is probably my fave. I started it after I read the Highlander series because I liked her prior books and figured I'd like the Fever books too. They are nothing alike in terms of what kind of romance (if you can even classify the Fever series as romance at all, which I don't).

message 24: by Tina (new)

Tina | 130 comments Has KMM written any short stories that are connected to the Fever series?

message 25: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 122 comments Just got through reading it and nearly fell out my chair!!! I couldn't believe she ended it like that. I refuse to think about how we have wait to see who the feck it was! Or how it all is gonna end. Cause the next one is the LAST book in the series.

message 26: by Starling (new)

Starling Which is why I stopped reading with book 2. I'm going to wait for the entire series to be finished with this one.

message 27: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 122 comments sounds like the best plan to not pull your hair out, lol. i shoulda done the same.