What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sarah (Canaan, #1)
This topic is about Sarah
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Abraham & wife-fiction, nomadic people, Egypt [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maggie (maggie4007) | 16 comments This book was about a group of nomadic people who where being lead by Abraham. He was getting messages from God. He and his wife were trying really hard to have a baby, I think. And then at some point they are in Egypt and they have to pretend that they aren't married and the Egyptian King wants to take Abraham's wife.

message 2: by Evan (new)

Evan | 27 comments I'm guessing this might be one of Orson Scott Card's Biblical books, Sarah: Women of Genesis. Certainly others have rewritten their story as well, but Card is probably the most widely read author of them.

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy | 37 comments The Book of Genesis? ;)

Maggie (maggie4007) | 16 comments Well, it was definitely pretty "racy." I'm not sure, it could have been the Sarah book? but for some reason I think it had Abraham in the tittle? The problem is that it's a story that's told so many times I guess. But it was from Sarah's point of view. So maybe that's it. Thanks for responding.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah The Orson Scott Card book is told from Sarah's perspective, and it definitely had racy parts. (My name is Sarah, so it's one of my favorite books by default.)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 33 comments What about Sarah: A Novel by Marek Halter? It's part of the Canaan trilogy.

Maggie (maggie4007) | 16 comments That's it! Thanks!