Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > What a bummer!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Irene (last edited May 14, 2009 03:57PM) (new)

Irene Hollimon | 182 comments So I was just reading the latest reviews for books people had put up and someone just finished Eclipse. They gave just a one sentence review but it gave away a key piece of information I didn't know about yet. I'm about three quarters of the way through the book. What a b*tch! I didn't need to know that- especially because it was not the ending I would have hoped for. Yeww!

message 2: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ That sucks! I guess it's read as your own risk around here. People should really be more careful what they write and where they write it. Sorry it ruined your reading pleasure.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments Yeah, I really hate it when that happens. I've gotten so I just judge a book by its rating rather than its reviews. I don't want to risk the book being ruined by someone giving something away in their review.

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Yeah, that's happened quite a few times to me now. It's very irritating because I lose interest in the books, and it's funny because they're always popular series. I still rely a lot on reviews though. Unfortunately, I haven't found a better way of finding new books (aside from recs).

message 5: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Slade (jessaslade) | 114 comments You'd think most reviewers would know to preface with a spoiler warning. I have a friend who is two episodes behind on Lost and she has sworn off all internet, TV & magazines until she catches up for fear of leaks.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Irene, I posted this in another thread, but I tracked down the review and reported it as a spoiler. The GR mods should take care of it.

message 7: by Irene (last edited May 15, 2009 06:07AM) (new)

Irene Hollimon | 182 comments DarkHeart wrote: "Irene, I posted this in another thread, but I tracked down the review and reported it as a spoiler. The GR mods should take care of it."

Thanks. I added a comment to their review and then I posted my little rant in several of the groups that I belong to on here. The hope is that none of my "friends" are going to do that to me. To give credit though, I notice the groups are pretty good about that.
Anyway I wasn't Mad-Mad you know. But I was irritated. Kind of like the way you feel when you driving along on the highway and someone zooms in front of you slows down and exits...
It seems like the guy that's got to turn always decides to at the last minute and has to do it in front of me. Well that's a rant for another discussion thread.
I swear I want to have a sign on my car that says "hang up and drive!"
oops couldn't help adding that... : )

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (steffiestar) | 3 comments **Irene** Ohhhhh That Makes Me SOOOOOO MAD!! That is just plain MEAN Spirited...kind of makes you wonder if this person(would rather write B****!) did it on PURPOSE!!

Maybe the Goodreads Police(I am Serious) could give him/her a warning...like your outta here, if you do that again, without the proper **SPOLIER** Alert!!

Ohhhhh Thanks for getting my blood pumping GirlFriend!

Friends in Reading!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Eclipse (other topics)