Virginia is for Readers discussion

Good local book club?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (last edited Jan 31, 2008 11:30AM) (new)

Deborah (lazysundays) Hi all,

I was just introduced to this website today and I'm loving it. I've also been looking for a local book club that I could attend in the Alexandria/Arlington area. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenu-w) Me, too, Deborah. I am in Arlington and searching for a book club to join. Did you find any ideas?

Rat de bibliothèque (petitverepicureandelivre) | 2 comments Just an idea. Even though I'm currently out in Ohio. I know the local chapter of Stitch n' bitch meets at the Borders across from pentagon row.

Might be a place to start for people who are already in the area.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 64 comments Call your local bookstores and see what they have. I know what is here in Richmond, but not up your way.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat | 2 comments Deborah if you find one,let me know! I've been looking for one too.

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 1 comments I belong to a great book reading club that meetings once a month in Arlington. It's website can be found here.

http://bookclub.meetup.com/264/

We nominate books on the website, and vote for the best title. Each month we alternate between fiction and non-fiction titles.

--
Wife of author: Michael J. Sullivan
The Crown Conspiracy (Oct 2008)
Avempartha (April 2009)

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleysuzanne) @ Pamela - I am moving to the Richmond / Charlottesville area in the next couple of months. I love fiction, but I also read non-fiction. I am not very picky about period, but I tend towards literature. Is there a group you could recommend to me?

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 64 comments Creatures and Crooks Book Shoppe in Carytown in Richmond has several kinds of book reading groups there. Here's website: http://cncbooks.com Also the libraries in Chesterfield have book clubs--check the one in your area, as I would think others have them too.
LOL, I have done the science fiction/fantasy/horror one at Creature and Crooks some years ago, but been too busy with writing and writers groups that haven;t been to them or checked out others either.
Fountain Books in downtown Richmond has a book reading group, too, I heard, but I thought maybe they're full up. You can google them for website and check it out about that.

message 9: by Jessica (last edited Mar 13, 2009 04:18PM) (new)

Jessica (jessicajames) | 2 comments The Northern Virginia Writers Club might know of some reading groups if you email through the website www.northernvirginiawriters.org.

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 64 comments There's a local group of Virginia Writers Club here inn Richmond--meets third Wednesday night at Short Pump B&N, but they're writers. The libraries here in Chesterfield all have book clubs and I am sure all the libraries in their locales do, too. And Creatures and Crooks, Fountain Bookstore and the B&N in Richmond area have clubs. You just have to contact them about what kinds they have.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Avempartha (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael J. Sullivan (other topics)