The Dusty Bookshelf discussion

Read-A-Thons > 24/08/13 - 25/08/13

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (Haybop) | 491 comments Mod
The first Read-A-Thon shall take place for the weekend starting Saturday 24th and ending the evening of Sunday 25th. You may either keep people up to date with your progress on this thread or on twitter under #DBReadathon.

My twitter handle is Haybop_FCD. I may read The Cuckoo's Calling for my weekend.

(Also, for all Brits - due to complete unfairness of us having the extra day off on Monday we shall not be counting Bank Holidays - so you may either continue reading or spend that day catching up on everything you weren't able to do over the weekend ;D)

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments I'm so excited. :D
I'll put up a post on my blog soon, spread the word and all that.

I really need to get my hands on The Cuckoo's Calling, as well. Looking forward to hearing what you think! :)

message 3: by Hayley (new)

That sounds great tanya! I'm really looking forward to this, thanks for bringing it up :)

I will definitely let you know what I thought of the book, I've heard so many good thinsg about it :)

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (Books: A true story) (booksatruestory) | 490 comments Mod
Yay I'm glad you guys are bringing back the readathon. We did one last year and it was so fun :). Count me in.

And I'm going to read cuckoos calling this month too!! Lol. I don't think I can save it until the readathon. It's very next on my list. Love the hashtag Hayley!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Flutterby32) | 53 comments I'm not sure what to read. I think I'll just grab something that morning. I have so many books that I want to read!

message 6: by Jimi-carol (new)

Jimi-carol Benton | 39 comments I'm thinking of trying to finish off any number of my series I have going. I have not decided which yet

message 7: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) I'd love to read it with you buy considering I'm still at 300 something on the waiting list. ....

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Alana - the waiting list for my library is like over 600 people for it. O.o I guess I'll be buying it LOL

message 9: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments I'm going to be reading The Knife of Never Letting Go. I've had it on my shelf for ages. Has anybody here read that?

Haha, I'm going to wait on all your verdicts for The Cuckoo's Calling. Can't wait to see everybody else's choices!

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Tanya - I haven't read the Knife of Never Letting Go, but I've heard really good things about it. The first book is sitting on my kindle. You know getting digitally dusty ;)

message 11: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments Digitally dusty. I'm totally going to start using that term. :P

message 12: by Hayley (new)

Digitally dusty sounds like a brilliant term! I have many digitally dusty eBooks :S

But I'm with Jessica, please let us know hwo that book goes, in turn we'll let you know about Cuckoo's Calling, deal? ;)

message 13: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments Absolutely. :)

message 14: by Jimi-carol (new)

Jimi-carol Benton | 39 comments I finally picked my book for this RAT! Underworld by Meg Cabot. It's book two in one of my series I'm going to try to finish :)

message 15: by Hayley (new)

I'm glad to see there are going to be a group of us involved in this weekend's RAT!
For any fellow tweeters out there my account is Haybop_FCD and some of use have already posted tweets using the #DBReadathon hashtag - expect more to come over the weekend (although not too many as reading will have to come first ;D)

message 16: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments It's the 24th here, so I'm getting started. :D Happy reading, everybody!

message 17: by Hayley (new)

It's the 24th here but I was up from 1:20am to 3:16am with a fire next door so I need a bit more caffeine in my system before brain does anything remotley clever - like take in information :S
Enjoy reading :D

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Flutterby32) | 53 comments I'm going to read The Last Treasure by Janet Anderson. My neighbors decided to have a party at 4:00 this morning so I may just start reading too.

message 19: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments Hayley: everything okay? What with the fire, and all?

Amanda: I just looked the book up and it seems like something I'd love. Let me know what you thought of it once you're done? :)

message 20: by Darcy (last edited Aug 24, 2013 05:42AM) (new)

Darcy (drokka) I'm going to try and get through The Settlers of Catan If all goes well and I finish it, then I'll try and finish a bunch of books that I've started reading this month to get them off my plate.

Also, on Twitter at @LegacyofPR

message 21: by Hayley (new)

Tanya: Next door has been gutted, I was a bit in shock and had to escape to my grandad's for spoiling and I may be going to bed early to catch up on missed sleep - but I am back at home, have the book handy and have started reading, thank you :)

This book has started well, but I am only 38 pages in so who knows where it'll go :)

Darcy: Thanks for the follow & the tweet, I am now following you back :)

message 22: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments Oh no, I hope everything's settled down and it wasn't too serious.

Yup, I'm waiting for your review to decide if I should pick it up. :)

message 23: by Hayley (new)

And I am finished with the Read-A-Thon until next time ;) I may not have been able to start imemdiately on Saturday morning but this was one heck of a book to read for the weekend :D

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Flutterby32) | 53 comments I didn't get to read this weekend. :(

message 25: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) My weekend reading was hi-jacked. Meh.

message 26: by Hayley (new)

I'm sorry to hear that Amanda & Darcy :( maybe put aside a weekend of your own for a private Read A Thon or lock yourself away in your room in time for the next one ;)

message 27: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) I did get some reading it, but was pretty busy with other things. Considering I've had TOO much time for reading and not so much of a "life" in the last few months, though, I'm not too upset about it :)

message 28: by Tanya (last edited Aug 27, 2013 08:22AM) (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments I didn't read as much as I'd have liked, but for my first ever read-a-thon, that was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

message 29: by Jessica (new)

I wish I could have read with you guys, too :( Maybe next RAT. :)

Hayley - glad you're okay!

Alana - that's awesome. yay for being busy! reading or otherwise :)

message 30: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) I did get nearly 300 pages in, so I'm not too upset. I quite enjoyed this though and would definitely do it again. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cuckoo's Calling (other topics)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (other topics)
The Settlers of Catan (other topics)