Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Blood Ties

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (giraffe_days) Does anyone watch Blood Ties, the vampire detective series based on Tanya Huff's books? I've seen bits, and actually I wanted to talk about the books as well.

I started reading Blood Price way back last year and I still haven't finished it. I think it's the detective-crime-mystery side of it that slows me down. Did anyone else have this problem? I'm struggling to finish it because it's not holding my attention enough.

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Wooten | 1 comments I caught one or two of the nights that show was on. It was ok. The idea wasn't bad just the budget i think. I was thinking about reading the books but had not gotten around to it.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (giraffe_days) Yes indeed, he is rather dishy. It's not easy to pull off a hairstyle like that, but he manages it quite well! ;)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurastamps) I am a HUGE fan of the Blood Books novels, and I am so in love with Henry Fitzroy it isn't funny (grin). But I am in love with the Henry from the books who has sandy/red shoulder-length hair, and really looks like he came from royalty in England hundreds of years ago. I haven't seen the TV show yet and probably won't. I'm much more of a novel-reader than a TV show watcher. But I hear it is very good.

So ask away about the novels, Shannon! Yes, I am not into mystery/crime novels at all, so that part didn't appeal to me. I just love reading about Henry. Forget everyone and everything else. He is my kind of vamp! *big smile*

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan (Jan1228) I watched all the tv episodes and plan to get the DVD when it comes out. I've got all the Blood Book novels & short stories but haven't read them yet. I've got too many books on my to-read shelve ahead of this author.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (Steffy) | 2 comments yes i do i love that show

message 7: by Ziaria (new)

Ziaria | 3 comments I love this show and sincerely hope it makes it to renewal somewhere. I've read the first of the series but just haven't had the time to get the rest of them yet. Dang to be read pile is toppling over at the moment.

message 8: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 49 comments Borders had yet another "buy 4 romances, get the fifth free" last week. I barely made it out alive... I am soon to be buried in my new book pile.

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mlhiggins84) I really enjoyed the books but there was really something lacking from the tv show. Lifetime did it a big injustice. They didn't publicize the second season at all. I didn't know it had started until it was halfway through and then it just stopped. But I completely agree that Henry was mmm mmm yummy.

message 10: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jordieheartsbooks) | 3 comments It's low budget because it's a Canadian TV show. Canadian produced shows seem very low-budget and don't seem to focus on the importance of good acting. They seem somewhat cheesy. I tried watching it once, but the acting and productin quality chased me away after 5 minutes. Lifetime picked it up from the Canadians.