A New Earth discussion

Oprah and Eckhart Tolle to Teach Online Class

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) You've probably heard how A New Earth is the subject of one of the largest, worldwide classes ever being held by now, but we'll repeat it for you here: "Get ready to be awakened! Oprah and author Eckhart Tolle will teach an exclusive online class on his best-selling book, A New Earth, beginning March 3. You can join them every Monday for 10 weeks. Tell your friends and family."

You are my friends, so this seemed like a good place to tell you about it. (To reserve your seat, you need to go to http://oprah.com. It's really easy. And free.)

message 2: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Brady | 1 comments I picked the power of now in an airport waiting for a flight to mexico (work not fun) and it was one of a few books that change my world as I knew it. I have purchased and read several of eckart tolles books since and I could tell he was filling up books to meet a contract, but I didn't mind because I liked the materal so much, then came A New Earth. Wow much like the power of now in message but clearer to read. After I had read the power of now I told everone I could about it, some bought it but very few read any of it. Those that tried said it was to hard. Hmm. What I love about A New Earth is its an easier read and somewhat clearer to read. I have reread it several times. If you find yourself struggling I personally would say its your ego trying to sabatoge you or keep you from reading it. While reading Tolle spend a little time to ground yourself and get in a clear space and don't read to much at a time. The biggest thing that excites me now is how popular he has become it surprises me some. I even feel jeoulous a little kinda like likeing a new band and then everyone likes it so you don't like it any more. My ego is sooo funny. Thats a good sign by the way seeing how funny and childish your ego is.... best of luck in reading and thank you for the forum

message 3: by Kathrynn (last edited Feb 05, 2008 03:13PM) (new)

Kathrynn I signed up for the class. Haven't started reading the book, though. March 3rd is when the class begins. Great to see this has a group!

message 4: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) Thanks for mentioning the date the class begins, Kathrynn. Let me know when you've started reading the book!

message 5: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn I'm curious. How many have signed up to take the class with Oprah? Thought it would be neat to see how many in our group are signed up.;-)

I did.

message 6: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) Great question, Kathrynn. Why don't you post it as a topic, and that way more people will see it.

message 7: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Great idea! I posted it as a topic.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Shawn, I love to read and can speed read through the best of this one. however this book has made me slow down and take my time reading it because there is so much to absorb. I don't know if my ego is trying to sabatouge me (and kind of doubt it but who knows!) but it is so different from anything else I have read and is more than just for pleasure. but to make me think and ponder on more than just the here and now.

message 9: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) I've had to slow down and take more time to read this one, too, Hugbandit. It is a lot to absorb. The fact that Shawn has read it several times makes me thing that I'll eventually get into the swing of things and the language will be easier to understand.

message 10: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn I've had to read it slow, too. Got an email from Oprah.com and in order to take the class "we" have to install a media program. I went to her site and did that. It's quick and I didn't have any problems. FYI

Also, she set up a workbook for Chapter 1. Pretty neat. After looking through the workbook, I realized there was quite abit more to Chapter 1, than I thought I read...(sigh)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) I'm going to have to go check that out. I wasn't planning to do the online class but am interested in checking out the workbook.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

This is worrying me ;-) ....

when I look up at my book shelves I see that most of the fiction in my house feeds my pain body.

And many oprah books do just that.

Comments ?