We're the Kids of America discussion

Hot Topics > Socialized Healthcare

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments There was one in the Debate group, but I did not find a worthy adversary there. Anyone in here like to discuss weather or not America should progress to Socialized Medicine?

I am a firm proponent.

message 2: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments we already have a universal health care topic...*points 2 hot topics folder*

message 3: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments It's not on the top of the page, I apologize.

message 4: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments here, i'll post something in it

message 5: by Liz (last edited Jun 03, 2009 11:26AM) (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments Ehrlichman = E
Nixon = N

e: we have now narrowed doen the vp's problems on this thing to one issue, and that is whether we should include thes Health Maintenance Organizations like Edgar Kaiser's Permanente thing.
n: now let me ask you... you know i'm not too keen on any of these damn medical problems
e: this is a private enterprise one
n: well that appeals to me
e: Edgar Kaiser is running his Permante deal for a profit and the reason he can do it, i had Edgar Kaiser come in and talk to me about this, and i wemt into it with some depth all the incentives are toward less medical care because the less they care the more money they make
n: Fine
e: and the incentives run the right way
n: not bad

WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!!

the next day Nixon proposed his new medical plan

(i was rewatching the documentary Sicko and they had a clipping of this and i had to share)

message 6: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I will never watch Sicko...I hate Michael Moore.

message 7: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Love him or hate him, he has great ideas and foresight.

message 8: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) No he doesn't. He has people telling him what to do, and he is just the figurehead.

message 9: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Kyle wrote: "No he doesn't. He has people telling him what to do, and he is just the figurehead. "

Oh really?

message 10: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Yes really. Maybe not Fahrenheit 9/11 but definitly sicko

message 11: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Sicko made many people aware of the American Healthcare crisis. I'd say that was a good message, regardless of who is transmitting it.

message 12: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Yes, a huge fat man is the perfect person to be talking about healthcare :P

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments XD

message 14: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 2 comments haha. do they mention, the other sides, the cons, or is it just some biased documentry?

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments it was biased

but it shouldn't matter if the man was fat skinny tall short. it still was a message that needed to be brought to the american public. michael moore is a very passionate person.

but I COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT NIXON ACTUALLY SAID THAT!

message 16: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Moore is a dumb ass who should be shot. Sorry I was at this dinner thing and he was there...and ugh smelled so bad, terrible manners, absolutely disgusting person all around.

Its a passionate message it has nothing to do with the person. Someone else could've have done that documentary just as well.

message 17: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments true...

[except for the part about being shot:]

message 18: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Sarah jean wrote: "haha. do they mention, the other sides, the cons, or is it just some biased documentry?"

Many people tried to debunk it but were unable to.

message 19: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments just because something is biased doesn't mean that it isn't true

though it was funny to watch all the conservative talk shows' reaction to the film

message 20: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) i don't really want him shot...i just want...him incapicitated to the point that he doesn't get on the television/silver screen again :P

message 21: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments why? he makes really good points and has all the right intentions

message 22: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Again, the points he makes can and are made by other people.

you don't understand, I don't really have anything against what his message I have everything against HIM. Again, I met the guy. Total douche.