What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. concentration camp/jews

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Candace I remember reading this book in school about a man who was in the concentration camps with the jews and he found a way to be happy... any ideas. the moral of the story was that you can be happy regardless of your circumstances. I can't remember what it is called!

message 2: by Katie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Katie E Linder Maybe "The Sunflower" or "Life is Beautiful"?

message 3: by HT (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:36AM) (new)

HT Goodwill | 3 comments Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl comes to mind.

message 4: by Kitte (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:38AM) (new)

Kitte  | 5 comments Was it maybe "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich"

message 5: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:38AM) (new)

Rebecca | 37 comments A lot of school districts teach Night by Elie Wiesel... although I don't really remember a lot about being happy in that book. I seem to remember something about someone sneaking to play the violin, but I haven't read it in a long time.

message 6: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Blue (blueix) | 6 comments Although I haven't read it, I have a book on my shelf which I believe is about concentration camps, and the title is "My Happy Days in Hell". I can find further details on it when I get home, but for now just thought I'd let you know it rings a bell...
:)

message 7: by Celeste (last edited Jul 26, 2013 06:49AM) (new)

Celeste Candace,

Did any of these suggestions pan out? I visited today with the exact same question. I know it's not Life is beautiful. It's not a novel, it's a memoir. And people bring it up when discussing the power of meditation or how your thoughts make your reality. We're any of these suggestions the right one?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 28609 comments Mod
Candace left the group. Moved to Abandoned.