What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Another Shore
This topic is about Another Shore
SOLVED: Children's/YA > The book is about a girl about 17 yrs. old who is working in a historical reenactment town in New England for the summer [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments This girl starts out the summer working in this tourist destination. It's a port town in New England (I think) that has French heritage. The people working in this town play the parts of real people who used to live there. The year is sometime in the 90's (I think). She goes to bed one night (or passes out - I can't quite remember) and wakes up in the 16 or 1700s in a household that thinks she's the character she was playing as an employee.

i think the book was called Another Coast or The Other Coast - I think it had coast in the title. I loved this story and can't remember the title for the life of me even though I've read this book several times. Pathetic? I know. :)

thanks!
Heather

message 2: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Another Shore by Nancy Bond Another Shore by Nancy Bond, 1988.

Summary: Seventeen-year-old Lyn, working in a reconstructed colonial settlement in Nova Scotia, suddenly finds herself transported back to 1744, when the French inhabitants are at war with England.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments Yes. That's the one. Wow - I mis-remembered almost all of the details except the fact that it was a seventeen-year-old girl. :)

thanks so much April!!

message 4: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments You're welcome!