FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Information/Resources > Active Wear

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) OK... so now that the weather is turning nicer, my long sweats/tights/wind pants are just too hot for the gym.

However, my cruise through the local athletic aparrel store's women's section made me cringe. The shorts are REALLY short for women anymore (when did THIS happen?)... AND my penchant for wearing men's gear is not fashionable anymore I am afraid... a lot of the men's wear would just not pass on a me or women in general without being... obvious - I guess that is the word...

SO... Does anyone have any good sites for clothing? not necessarily dedicated to but at least offering plus size/tall sizes... I am finding MENTALLY I am still a couple of X's up on the size chart, but physically I am hovering aroudn the XL/1X mark depending on the clothes.

Thanks!

message 2: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) By the way... if you are in the market... I do/have used justmysize.com for the Champion brand (great sports bras) and Nike.com for wind pants.

I am just stuck in that I am looking for a bit of variety/expanding my horizons...

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (wheeledk) | 158 comments Mod
I definitely don't have the cutest workout wardrobe, but my suggestion would be Old Navy for workout capris (I don't ever wear shorts, but yoga capris in a light material keep me pretty comfy in the summer). The sizes can be picked over at the stores, but online, the selection should be good.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Wear your PJs!!! :)

(Then we can be twins...)

I think a sports bra would be a good idea for me. I absolutely dread the idea of shopping though. Hmmm... I'll check your link, Trudy.

Dorie, does Old Navy have workout clothes specifically, or is it just regular clothes that you find are good for working out in?

message 5: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (wheeledk) | 158 comments Mod
Old Navy's regular tees are good workout tops, but they also have a whole activewear section.

message 6: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Shorts. Yikes!!

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) www.championusa.com (They have them on www.justmysize.com too... Find out which one has the better special/sale that week!)

Great bras:
Champion Powersleek Sports Bra
Style CH1691
Champion Sport No Poke Wire® Bra
Style CH1695

They have other cool looking activewear as well, but with my long legs/fat thighs I am still struggling with the shorts are too short thing...

I will have to check old Navy... I wasn't down to their plus sizes the last time I looked...