Drama and Theatre discussion

marat/sade

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RezA (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

RezA | 2 comments who's read this play? let us know if it is among your ten best plays.

message 2: by Marc (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Marc (marcbeaudin) | 21 comments Yes. I would have to put it in the top ten. I possibly will be directing it in the near future. I also saw a production of it at Interlochen Arts Camp in northern Michigan, directed by my friend and mentor, the late Joe Bertucci. It was one of the most amazing performances I've ever seen.

message 3: by Ralph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Ralph (ralphinlaos) | 22 comments Interlochen - that brings back some pleasant memories (I'm originally from Michigan).

I saw the Broadway production, which was a huge success and notable for being one of the first productions to show an actor's rear-end.

An excellent show but not among my top ten.

Ralph

message 4: by Rosemary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Rosemary I adore this play. Years ago I saw a production in a small theatre with audience seating on opposite sides of a large cell/cage where the actors performed the play. During intermission the lead actors left the cage, but the extra inmates stayed and roamed around. I liked the production so much that I went to see it two nights in a row. An inmate who'd briefly made eye contact with me on the first night did a double-take on the second night--made me feel almost part of the show.

message 5: by Daniel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Daniel (danm) | 12 comments I've read it. I really like it. Can't say it's in my top ten, though.