Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Member's Chat > Malia Obama's favorite book

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 72 comments I have never heard of that book before, can anyone tell me what it is about?

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
This book is hard to find anything about. I tried to find the book on BN.com and can't even find it on there. Fledgling Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper

Here it is on this website and it might give you more information about the book.

message 3: by Nicole (last edited Jun 01, 2009 04:44PM) (new)

Nicole | 72 comments Thanks Angie, I wasn't exactly sure what it was before!

Ralph Gallagher | 53 comments Angie wrote: "This book is hard to find anything about. I tried to find the book on BN.com and can't even find it on there. Fledgling Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper

Here it is on this website and it might g..."

I found it on BN.com Here's the link http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fled...

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 72 comments Thanks Angie!

message 6: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Everyone here has also intrigued me to read this.. it is now on my TBR pile!

message 7: by Zooworld (new)

Zooworld | 15 comments What does that matter? Having age ranges for books is entirely stupid, although it would make an interesting topic.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) She's 10. When I was growing up, A Wrinkle in Time was for 12 & up. (I think now it might have changed to 9-12) and my fourth grade teacher read it to us; we were 9 years old, and we all loved it. Age ranges are a useful guideline but not written in stone. I was reading adult books at age 12 and I've read some on Goodreads were reading them at younger ages than that.

message 9: by Zooworld (new)

Zooworld | 15 comments Yes, I'm 13, and I read "The Da Vinci Code" a few years ago...

message 10: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 53 comments You know, it's nice to see kids looking up to her instead of idiot role models like Miley Cyrus and other celebrities.

message 11: by Zooworld (new)

Zooworld | 15 comments Interesting you see her as a role model... I see her a just another fellow reader!

message 12: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 53 comments I don't see her as a role model. But when I looked this up to verify it, I saw a lot of news articles about young kids looking up to her.

message 13: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

The fact that there are kids in the White House for the first time since the Kennedy kids is great and fun. It will be fun to see them grow up. I don't think there is anything wrong with children looking up to her. It would be expected that people would look to the kids of our president for guidance.

message 14: by Zooworld (new)

Zooworld | 15 comments Well, they are normal kids... Not super-smart or anything, lol

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) The fact that there are kids in the White House for the first time since the Kennedy kids is great and fun.

Well, there was Amy Carter too.

I do like kids in The White House. the fact that Malia and Sasha are normal kids makes it even greater. They're also obviously very well brought up, well educated, etc. and they're great kids; there's nothing wrong with looking up to peers who are doing well. They seem like nice kids.

message 16: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 53 comments If I had kids, I'd rather them look up to a kid in the white house than one of these slutty actresses or singers.

message 17: by Angelc (new)

Angelc I hadn't heard of this one before, thanks guys! Just added to my to-read list!

message 18: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinasreads) I teach kids who look up to Jordan - a page 3 model, and footballers wives, girls who marry a bloke just because he's rich. I'd much rather they looked up to someone who read and was educated and didn't blame their drug/alcohol addictions on their past (I'm not saying people's past doesn't affect them, just that women that end up selling their bodies aren't an ideal figure). I have 13 year old kids at school who have never read a book outside of the classroom, some influences to read or care about the wider world would be great. Rant over!

message 19: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Good rant!

message 20: by Zooworld (new)

Zooworld | 15 comments So Jeremy, what kind of things have you read?

*looks skeptical*

message 21: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 53 comments I don't think I've ever looked up to a music star. Though when I was little I used to look up to the Power Rangers :D

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna (gqannanguyen) I want to reading Fledgling Jason Steed for a long time now but sadly I can't find it in my local library.

message 23: by Conrad (new)

Conrad Haslam | 1 comments I read it, its ok, I like Cherub just as much, plus Cherub has more than one book, they should have written more than just one Jason book.

message 24: by Culdrow (new)

Culdrow Taylor | 1 comments I read this book and liked it, I see now there is another Jason Steed fledgling book listed, is this book 2 or a revised book 1? I thought Jason Steed 2 was to be called Boudica?

message 25: by Ralph Gallagher (last edited Apr 16, 2010 06:36AM) (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 53 comments Another edition.

"The revised American edtion by Sourcebooks. This edition also has a chapter from book 2. 'Boudica' Jason Steed."

message 26: by Polly (new)

Polly Baird | 1 comments Thanks Ralph for the update.

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen Williams | 1 comments I enjoyed this book and have read all sorts of gossip columns regarding this book. Is it actually written by Anthony Horowitz? Is there a book 2?

message 28: by Sid (new)

Sid Lynch | 1 comments Ralph when is Boudica coming out? It says Summer 2011, well its July 2011 and I cant find it?

Young Adult Book Reading Challenges

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fledgling (other topics)