Movies We've Just Watched discussion

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (lauriej) | 2 comments This is a great movie. I love the director's talent. He shows life from the perspective of a man who has just had a stroke and can only move one eye. He does a brilliant job.

It is very emotionally moving, well acted, great script, and a true story. Definitely worth seeing.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 16 comments I'm looking forward to seeing it!

message 3: by John (new)

John | 14 comments Just got back from the theater, and while I will admit the movie is very depressing and claustrophobic on one level, it really is a beautiful and inspiring film in many ways. The direction and cinematography alone were Oscar-caliber, and just about everything else was first rate too. One of the best movies of the past year.

message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments I just saw this movie last night on DVD. Although the movie is depressing and scary I must admit that I was fascinated by it. The ability to watch something like this through the eye of this man was truly amazing and exceptionally well done. Although it is not an uplifting movie,if you are prepared for this prior to watching it, it is definitely worth doing. I am surprised it didn't win any oscars at all.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8 comments I loved this movie and I actually thought it was very uplifting. Yes, what happened to the man was terrible, but what he did with the remaining days of his life was incredible. I thought it was beautifully shot and funny in parts. I would recommend it to anyone.