Questioning Society discussion

Music > Musical Gifts

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

Bree (breej6434) | 835 comments Mod
I love Music! infact I'm listening to some right now!!
Singing along! because I love to sing. What about you?
what are some talents you have in the music department? What would you love to learn?

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Dupree (angelcross) | 40 comments im main vocals and bass in my christian hard rock/rap band

message 3: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I sing (I took voice lessons for about a year) and I play some piano. I can teach myself songs on the piano easily but I can't play just by looking at the notes. As I learn the song I memorize how to play it, which is fun.

I wish that I could learn how to play the guitar decently. I've been trying to learn it but I can't play it right x.x And I'd love to be able to play violin/fiddle.

message 4: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Dupree (angelcross) | 40 comments i wish i could play the fiddle/violin 2..... my cousin can play the electric violin

message 5: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Ah, lucky! That's awesome. My best friend's boyfriend plays violin beautifully. He learned on a plastic violin xD He's amazing.

message 6: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Dupree (angelcross) | 40 comments the electic is FREAKN awsm

message 7: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

I play piano, flute/picclo, clarinet, and voice. I really want to learn violin and oboe though.

message 8: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Dupree (angelcross) | 40 comments kewl...... my fav... will ALWAYS b BASS GUITAR

message 9: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 779 comments Mod
I will NEVER be a musician, because I stink at playing stuff! But I would like to learn how to play the acoustic guitar.

message 10: by Ninja (new)

Ninja (ninjafanpire) | 616 comments Mod
I want to learn to play guitar. I write lyrics. I can read piano notes but I can't play at the same time.

message 11: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 779 comments Mod
I like how the piano sounds, but I am not good at it.

message 12: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

well, i'm not Amzing at piano, but it takes tons of practice to do the two hands at once. I'm still perfecting it!!!!

message 13: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Dupree (angelcross) | 40 comments hahahahaha, thats kewl.... half of my fam are muscicians

message 14: by Jayda (last edited May 12, 2009 09:36AM) (new)

Jayda Most people on my dad's side are musically talented. We're go caroling every Christmas because we're all singers. Then on my mom's side my great (maybe even double great) uncle wrote half of the Baptist Hymnal (sp?) no joke.

message 15: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Dupree (angelcross) | 40 comments have you ever heard of a group called needtobreathe

message 16: by Jayda (new)

Jayda No.

message 17: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I play the violin. I quitished playing the piano. My mom tried to teach me. I want to learn to play the drums.

My mom plays the flute, organ, and piano. So challenging...

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (readingwhilefemale) I play the oboe (as well as english horn, four of the saxophones, clarinet, bass clarinet, tuba, and some voice) and I am currently majoring in music education. I plan on being a high school band director. My favorite music of any genre, from classical to metal, is emotionally charged in some way.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I have been playing the cello for seven years; I recently learned how to play the piano. But I can't exactly call myself an expert yet. XP Overall, I just love music. I want to be a writer someday. I don't exactly know what kind though. Right now, I'm leaning towards being either a songwriter or music journalist. Music has influenced me very much in soo many different aspects. My favorite genre is indie/acoustic although I do like quite a bit of alternative. (There IS a difference!) I really would be lost without it, as overused as that phrase may be.

message 20: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 37 comments Nice! I play cello too . . 'tis awesome.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sub Umbra Floreo [Celia:] wrote: "Nice! I play cello too . . 'tis awesome."

very much so. :D