Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Sunshine Cleaning

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jaclynfre) | 50 comments I just saw this movie. It was a bit quirkier than I expected. There is a whole unresolved storyline that seems kind of misplaced involving a random person's interaction with the younger sister.

I thought it was also kind of harsh on the public school system--speaking as a teacher.

Either way, there were many parts I enjoyed, namely Amy Adam's down-and-out performance and the casting of the "popular" nemesis crowd, 5 years after high school. However, there were some lines that Amy Adams seemed to deliver in a way that made them sound like they wanted to be more significant and lost that when delivered as "precious." The movie made you root for the underdog--so if you like that kind of movie, this is for you.

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10781 comments some of my friends have seen this and gave it mixed reviews. i'm on the fence with amy adams, so i'm glad to hear you giving her a good review. others have said she did a good job in this film. still, i'll probably wait for the dvd release to check it out.

underdogs are the only ones worth rooting for!

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca2) | 86 comments I saw it on a day when I was really down (especially regarding whether my spouse would continue to have a job) and this movie made me sob. Not for any of the story lines that were in it, but because the cars they were driving and such made me think of my adolescence and when my Dad's company was shut down during the bad economy of the 80s.

I liked the movie, but I wasn't over-the-top crazy about it like I was for Happy-Go-Lucky.