Harry Potter Super Freaks discussion

favorite harry potter book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

what's your favorite harry potter book and why?

message 2: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments definetly the 7th, but the 4th and the 3rd are close 2nds. I like the 7th bcuz it shows how even from book 1 she was mapping everything out. it sorta tied it all together and filled in a lot of loose ends. plus, even though the epilouge was crap (the writing) i luved it.

i found out what all there jobs were (which is wat i REALLY wanted 2 know)

Harry: auror, then head of that office
Hermione: department of magical creatures rights then magical law enforcement
Ron: helps george w/ joke shop
nevile: marries Hanna Abbot

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 91 comments Mod
i love them all but my faves are the 7th and the 6th because the writing improves in them and they get more complex.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (ophelia17) | 10 comments i like them all too but i differ from you katherine. i didn't like the 6th and 7th as much because they were so dark and i thought the writing got worse. anyway, i liked the first four the best because you're just getting to know the characters and you find out evryting and you're exploring the magical world

message 5: by George (new)

George (pagesandportraits) i liked the 3rd the best because i really liked the time travelling bit.

message 6: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments i didn't think the writing got any worse, i just think that the books got darker, but for me, that just made the "happy parts" even better. I literly squeled with exitement when Neville cut off Naigini's head

message 7: by Katherine (new)

well, she said that they were going to get darker and i liked it. i thought that they were much better (6and 7) than like the first one which is much to happy and carefree. in my opinion

message 8: by Katherine (new)

brownie nevill becomes the herbology teacher @ hogwarts

message 9: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments right... i knew that, just...4got

message 10: by George (new)

George (pagesandportraits) really i didn't know that. do you know about any of the others?

message 11: by Katherine (new)

nothing comes to mind i just new that because in the epilogue they (harry and ginny) ask the kids to give their love to nevill and they complain about not being able to give there love to a teacher at school

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 12 comments I LOVED the 7th book! All things were unravled & it kicked up my emotions & all when everybody was dying! I CRIED when Harry "died"! It was too sad for me! I kinda cried when Dobby died. It was a GREAT but sad book!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I lioke the sixth the best.

message 14: by Olebabe07 (new)

Olebabe07 | 37 comments i think that the 7th was by far the best book... adn im so glad that they are making it a two part movie so that they can keep most of the action and such in the movie

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

the 7th was great!

message 16: by Katherine (new)

i forgot what did happen to luna? i cant pick a fav. because i will be like ya my fav is the blank and then i will re read another book and be all like wow now that is cool!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

7th then 5th and third tie. the 5th was creepy from all the brains or whatever that was all over... Harry or Ron... I liked it but it scared me! I should reread it...

message 18: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments i liked The 2nd and the 7th!!! :D oo and the 6th too! ohh and the 4th lol!! :D :D :D there all soo good!!!

i don't really like that actress that played luna...ugh she was so stupid...and luna wasn't like that!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the girl that played Luna! I liked her voice!!!!!!!!!!

message 20: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments i liked what she looked like...but they made her too stupid...and Luna was actually really smart!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yah...........
But i luvved her voice!!!!!!!!!! And the shoes @ the end!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments yeah lol her voice was good i thought!

message 23: by Ana (new)

Ana | 20 comments My fav was the 3rd, cuz I got to know two of my fav characters (Sirius and Lupin), Harry finally found some1 that cared for him (other than his friends and Dumbledore), and also the Marouder's Map! =P

message 24: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments i love the Mauders map!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P haha Fred and George r so awesome! :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Fred and George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments MEEEE TOOOO! They always made me laugh...and they made things less tense in the books! :P

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

They were sweet, too, especially in the 5th, when they were comforting that kid after Umbridge made him/her use that pen that cut their hands... That was so sweet... :)
Was that in the book too or just the movie? I think it was in the book...

message 28: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments hmmm...I cant remember but I think it was in the book too. :)

message 29: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the book. The kid, Nigel, wasn't in the book either. I guess he was supposed to make up for Colin and Denis Creevey.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

They weren't in the movies??? But I loved them!!! ;D

message 31: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Dennis wasn't in any of the movies. Colin was only in The Chamber of Secrets, not in The Order of the Phoenix.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm. It's weird how they do that in movies. Those are the things that ruin them... :(

message 33: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments I know! Didn't Colin die in the deathly hallows? And he got petrified in the chamber of secrets.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes... I was sad. He was underage too. :( It said he snuck back in

message 35: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments I know! That was sad...:(

message 36: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Here are my favorite characters:

1. Harry Potter
2. Hermione Granger
3. Ron Weasley
4. Severus Snape
5. Albus Dumbledore
6. Hagrid

message 37: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Have you finished the seventh book yet Millie? I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I really like Snape because he's a complicated character, not because I approve of all his actions. I do like the house-elves. Dobby is my most favorite, but I like Winky and Kreacher as well. I would definitely join S.P.E.W.

(And, sure. I'll join your group.)

message 38: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Heath (mirdermystery) | 2 comments i like snape too. i really kinda hated him after halfblood prince but he redeemed himself and showed his true colors.

message 39: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Heath (mirdermystery) | 2 comments Charlie123 wrote: "Bronwyn wrote: "definetly the 7th, but the 4th and the 3rd are close 2nds. I like the 7th bcuz it shows how even from book 1 she was mapping everything out. it sorta tied it all together and filled..."

i think he did

message 40: by Pandy (new)

Pandy No, he married Hannah Abbot. Luna married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of the Newt Scamander - the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow you are very expert-ish on these things... I wanted Luna to marry Dean.
Where do you find out these things, Pandy?
My six are:
1.Ron
2.Hermione
3.Dobby
4.Snape
5.Dumbledore

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, actually, Ginny should be in there somwhere... I'm not sure where, though...

message 43: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Umm... I'm not sure where you got the fat from, but it does say Dean is a tall black boy. I don't like Griphook. Goblins have been mistreated by wizards, but as Bill says there is fault on both sides. I'm sure there are goblins that are okay, but Griphook is too posessive of goblin-made objects and he likes hurting people, or the idea of it anyway. Gryffindor's sword doesn't belong to him. It does belong to Hogwarts, but Harry needs to use it, so he has a claim on it at the time.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like Griphook. I don't think Dean is fat... But why does it matter anyways? :)

message 45: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I don't think he is fat either and it definitely doesn't matter.

message 46: by Christina♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 102 comments my favorite characters are :D :

1. Ron Weasly
2. Harry Potter
3. Sirius Black
4. Hermonie Granger
5. Lupin
6. Draco Malfoy (just cuz I love his evilness)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was funny at the end of the 7th book how Ron was like "Don't hang out with that kid." About Malfoy's son.

message 48: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Those parts were funny, but I didn't like the epilogue on the whole.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I loved that when Ron said he was famous!!! I cracked up!!!!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Why didn't you like the epilogue pandy?

« previous 1