Shannon Hale Fan Club discussion

Thoughts on Enna Burning

Comments Showing 1-50 of 248 (248 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What I ask, are your thoughts on Enna Burning? I, myself, found it a little disappointing. I didn't like the time she was a prisoner and how she thought she loved the creep. A little disappointment there, it made Enna seem,...hmmm...I dunno. What're your thoughts?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i didn't really like it either. i thought it was a bit of a let down from goose girl. it really changed my perspective of Enna, and i'm not sure in a good way. I do think river secrets showed a better Enna.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, Enna Burning was a let down after Goose Girl. My perspective of Enna didn't change in a good way. My respect for her character was lowered. River Secrets made her a little better, but she's not my favorite character or one I think highly of.

message 4: by Enna Isilee (new)

Enna Isilee (enna_isilee) | 16 comments Heh. There are two Shanfan groups on goodreads now.

I would have to disagree. Enna Burning is my favorite out of the Bayern series. I found Enna to be fiesty, and her falling in love with Sileph showed that she's not perfect. After all, Sileph had People-speech so it wasn't exactly her fault. I loved seeing things through her point of view. And it was from Enna Burning that I took my now-well-worn username.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 5 comments This is the first Shannon Hale book that I've read and now I feel like I want to read everything she writes. I really enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I haven't read Goose Girl yet but I loved Enna. She was strong, smart and loyal in the end. I loved all the twists and turns in the story and I will buy Goose Girl if it isn't at my library yet because I want to keep reading.

message 6: by Susie/Ashmoon (new)

Susie/Ashmoon (snicolaysen18) I loved Enna Burning!! And now I NEED to read River Secrets!!!!! I NEED TOOO!!!

message 7: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennej) | 15 comments I think Enna Burning was one of the most real of the Bayern books. It shows what is real and the dark side of speaking.

message 8: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I love when she went back to being loyal at the end.
I'm sad to idmit I thought evil guy (I can't remember how to spell his name (: ) was a good guy. But then I hated him (:

message 9: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments I just bought Enna Burning but it is a different cover (paper back). Just wondering if anybody knew anything about it. =) Thanks!

message 10: by Elly (last edited Aug 07, 2008 09:05AM) (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments I loooved Enna Burning. I especially loved at the end when she and Isi (Ani)... well I think you all know what I mean. I don't want to spoil it. =)
Although I was disappointed how she fell in love with that creep! I could tell that he was a bad guy from the beginning. No matter how hard he tried.
And I was disappointed how she and Finn didn't seem like they were in love. It seemed more real in Goose Girl! But over all it was a really good book!

message 11: by Little Sparrow (new)

Little Sparrow (Ella) (LittleSparrow) | 9 comments Hmm... too many people are named Ella... it's sorta weird.

message 12: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Ummm... Ella?

message 13: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I'm confuzzled

message 14: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments Lol I like Ella. I think it is a pretty name. =)

message 15: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) So do I, but I don't remember anyone named Ella... Oh! do you mean actual people?

message 16: by Zandy (new)

Zandy by mistake i flag abused this. I did not mean to!! please forgive me!! i do disagree with this comment, but it is not abusive!
shannon hale rocks!
:)

message 17: by Zandy (new)

Zandy I completely disagree, though it is nice of you to state your opinio. I found Enna's wild nature and strength in this book fascinating, and she is my fav character of the series.

message 18: by Zandy (new)

Zandy Enna Isilee you rock!!! :)
i found Enna Burning to be my fav book of the Bayern series as well. I also find her to be fiesty, strong, and have a smart yet wild nature. i also immensely enjoyed seing her point of view. We should totally be friends!
:)

message 19: by Zandy (new)

Zandy Heather, I completely agree with you. I have read all the books of Bayern, and Enna remains my fav character.
Enna Burning is the best
then goose girl
then river secrets.
i hope for a finn book soon!!! if only..
-:)

message 20: by Zandy (new)

Zandy I totally agree with you!!! I absolutely loooooved ENNA BURNING!!! but dont get ur hopes up for river secrets, its not as good.

message 21: by Zandy (new)

Zandy Ella, i totally agree with you!!!
Enna will always remain my fav character. and i love finn's character, too!!

message 22: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments I really hope Finn gets his own book. I mean if Razo does then Finn must . I don't know about Gerick [or something like that:] though.

message 23: by Vee (new)

Vee | 4 comments Definately not as good as Goose-Girl. Goose-Girl was without doubt the best in the series. Haha. But I did enjoy reading Enna Burning. I really liked the way Hale describes the battle between fire and her own will. I, personally, never really liked Sileph...I always thought he was a snake....but as the book wore on, and I got to know him more and more....I don't know. I was pretty torn there at the end....

And, btw, Ella....Books of Bayern can only be told from the viewpoint of single characters that are still trying to find the person they love. So unless Finn starts looking at a different girl, and accidentally gets Enna all mad or something....lol. And if Finn had some sort of "speaking" power, what would it be?

message 24: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I hope there's another one too... maybe from... idk... whos still single?

message 25: by Layne (new)

Layne (bagheerashuman) | 7 comments Personally I don't think there is a criteria for what a character has to be to be a main character in Shannon's books. So I think you don't need to be "single".

Shannon has already anounced that she is working on a fourth Bayern book. It's under the title Forest Born at the moment and is going to be about Razo's sister Rin.

message 26: by Elly (last edited Oct 20, 2008 09:10PM) (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments What!?!?!?! About Razo's sister!! I didn't even know he had a sister!!!! I still think that it should be about Finn.

And Vee, were you talking to me or the other Ella?? We need to fix this.

message 27: by Layne (new)

Layne (bagheerashuman) | 7 comments (Possible spoilers for River Secrets, your were warned)
Rin was mentioned in the beginning of River Secrets, when Razo went to visit his family in the forest before heading off to Tira.

message 28: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments Oh... I guess I missed that. I will have to look. Thanks

message 29: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments I know I am excited for another book to come out. But I still have mixed feelings on who it should be written about.

message 30: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Don't you remember the whole nicknames conversation Razzo had w/ Dasha?

message 31: by Suzanna (new)

Suzanna Awesomeness (reader101) | 7 comments I would really like to see a fourth book!

message 32: by Zandy (new)

Zandy Me too! One about Finn, especially! He and Enna are so cute together!!!

message 33: by Lily Scott (new)

Lily  Scott | 8 comments Really? Yay! What about?

message 34: by Breanna (new)

Breanna | 12 comments I didn't like Enna Burning as much as the others.
I loved Goose Girl and River Secrets was wonderful.

message 35: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments I believe that she is writing the 4th book on Razo's little sister.

message 36: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments I know. I think it is kind of random. Why not Conrad or somebody like that. But I guess something might happen... I don't know

message 37: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Of course something's gonna happen! something always happens in books.

message 38: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments Well yeah but something with like Razo or something... I don't know maybe I'm just not making sense.

I know! Shannon Hale book are always good so if this one isn't good then I don't know what I would do with my self.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 4 comments Well I just loved all these books! This one was a little harder to get into but just the same it was amazing! I think it was probably one of my favorites even though it was frustrating when Enna kept leaving to burn the cities~I wanted to jump in there and tell her not to! I love the fun relationship between Enna and Razo! I love how much they tease each other! Well, I also thought it was interesting when Enna was a prisoner! I couldn't put the book down from then on! I loved it!

message 40: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I agree. I couldn't understand why she hurt people, even if they were her enemys. Why not just build lots of fires?

message 41: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Ya, when she was burning down tents and stuff.

message 42: by Suzanna (new)

Suzanna Awesomeness (reader101) | 7 comments I thought it was sad when Enna was being "eaten" or however you want to put it by the fire. She couldn't help but burn! She should have listened to her brother.

message 43: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I know! But why kill people? Why not burn other things?

message 44: by Elly (new)

Elly (poisoness13) | 108 comments yeah that was sad. how would that feel?!?!?! i couldn't even imagine!

message 45: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I know, I kinda understand, and the whole fight test thingy made her think that way, but, I just can't imagine doing that myself is what I think I'm trying to say. I usually think of myself as the character, and I found this book harder to do that with. Am I making sense?

message 46: by Queezle (new)

Queezle | 16 comments Kinda. You couldn't burn people? Is that what you're saying?
But, I mean, she was pretty shaken up from it in Razo's book. And the fire was controlling her, and Bayern was being invaded, and finn was out there and she felt she'd promised to help.

message 47: by Suzanna (new)

Suzanna Awesomeness (reader101) | 7 comments My least favorite part was when she was in the camp as a prizioner. It was too repeatitive. She gt up, had a horrible day, went to sleep. It was just too "Icky" if you know what i mean.

message 48: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Queezle: Pretty much.
Suzanna: I totally understand you there. She made it kinda interesting, but not really.

message 49: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee (day_dreamer) | 3 comments I personally didn't like Enna Burning. I think it's horrible that she falls in love with a creep. But she makes up for it in River Secrets.

message 50: by Erin (new)

Erin (mimagirl) Enna Burning is possibly my favorite Shannon Hale book...LOVE LOVE LOVE.

« previous 1 3 4 5