Harry Potter discussion

Questions > How do you guess you'll feel after the HP series finish?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elham (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Elham | 4 comments It must be a hard moment... Just imagine when it's finished for ever... How do you guess you will feel?

message 2: by Dee Dee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Dee Dee | 1 comments Oh, I guess I'll start writing about my regrets.
I wish it could continue till I'm alive. I cant stand it!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I'll feel a bit of relief, because I'm am STRESSING the ending! I've become so attached to these characters that I'm afraid of who's going to live and who's going to die. It's going to be hard, but once I discover how the series finally ends, I think I will feel relief.

message 4: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) It depends on how the story ends, and I hope to hear nothing at all about the what happens anywhere in the book until I've finished reading it.

message 5: by Kelsey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Kelsey | 1 comments I think I will be sad. I have been hooked on this series scine I read the firt chapter. I will be sad. For there will be no more counting down the days untill the book comes out. But I will soon have another series that I will get hooked on.

message 6: by Priya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:36AM) (new)

Priya | 2 comments I will be sad for sure. Harry Potter brought back the whole English boarding school type story line, for me, and I always loved those stories when I was a child.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I plan to shut myself in my room as soon as I get Deathly Hallows (at midnight) and not resurface until I've finished the entire novel. I'm quite positive that I'll be bawling hysterically once I finish, regardless of who Jo decides to kill off. It's a bittersweet feeling, I think: I can't wait to devour the book and find out what happens, but at the same time I almost want to make it last as long as possible so I can delay "the end." I've grown up with this series, and I'm now SO invested in the characters, that now, as a twenty-year-old college student, I see them as so much more than just "children's stories." It's going to be a sad moment :(

message 8: by Angel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:39AM) (new)

Angel | 5 comments Well, I hope I'm not crying my eyes out because anyone was killed off!

message 9: by Ambar (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:40AM) (new)

Ambar I felt sad when the book tell about particular characters. So human...ups so muggles things. About family value, death, love, betrayal etc. Good ends.

message 10: by Cyndi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new)

Cyndi | 1 comments I finished the last book tonight and can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a fitting ending to a wonderful story. It was bittersweet though. After waiting anxiously for each new book to come out, it feels strange to know that there won't be anymore.

message 11: by Deena (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

Deena | 1 comments I also finished the book a few days ago. It's a relieve to finished 8 years of wondering how Harry Potter would ends. I'm satisfied with the ending but i'm also curious what happens afterwards.

I heard that JK's gonna published an Encyclopedia Potterica, or whatever the book's called. It'll be exiting to get updated on the 'magic world' after book 7 so you still feels the connection. Afterall, most of us has imagined that the 'magic world' is real right??

message 12: by Angie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Angie | 6 comments I finished last Monday and I'm still feeling the effects. I've been pondering the wizarding world and it's happenings. I've been trying to make myself wait to re-read the entire series from start to finish.

message 13: by Mae (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Mae | 2 comments I think that i will feel quite sad because the series has brought many years fun in reading to me. I am reading the boo kand can't wait to find out what happens i'm so EXCITED!! No one spill the beans PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

message 14: by Mae (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Mae | 2 comments I think that i will feel quite sad because the series has brought many years fun in reading to me. I am reading the boo kand can't wait to find out what happens i'm so EXCITED!! No one spill the beans PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

message 15: by Sahar (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Sahar | 2 comments well... after that I FELT SO HAPPY BUT ALSO SAD
HAPPY FOR HARRY AND SAD FOR Lupin & his wife .
but now I know one thing that LOVE is also the best thing in the world

message 16: by Denta (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Denta | 6 comments Im not relief when this series ended, totaly sad.
A bit entertained by JKs live chat b4, she answer many good question there..

<3 Luna Lovegood
<3 Ginnie
<3 Severus-after all

message 17: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:56AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Eventhough the book had a wonderful ending... I still think Rowling could have written more. Theres so much she could have gone from like for example: The Malfoys could have started where voldemort left off and that could have been a new adventure. But then again maybe it is good that it ended. There is no way another author could top JK Rowling's Harry Potter. JK Rowling has set the bar for other authors that want to start a series of some sort.

message 18: by Lara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Lara | 3 comments To be honest, I felt empty when I finished the book. I've followed the lives of Ron, Hermione, and Harry for so long they almost became friends of mine. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I really experienced loss when I closed the book.

I hope that she does not continue the series though. It sounds funny that I would mourne and then not want to read anymore, but the seven years of Harry and his friends left the world "spellbound" and I don't think the continuations would be as strong.

message 19: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Rachel i was so emotionally charged when i finished the last book. i was so happy not only for how good the book was, but for how beautifully it ended. on the other hand, i was so sad that it was over...i was losing these great friends. i dreamt about "harry potter" for three nights in a row, and would find myself having inner-monologues regarding the books and everything they meant for the next couple of weeks. i am finally at the point where i can think about "harry potter" and not feel a loss--i'm just excited to read it all again!

message 20: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) Well, now I know how I feel. Finished the book on 7/25. I feel delighted and happy & relieved with how J. K. Rowling finished the series. I don't feel sad. I so enjoyed the book & the series. Some day, I plan to read the entire 4,100 page (American hardcover regular print editions) HP book again, all 7 parts in a row. I'm looking forward to doing that.

message 21: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I have been rereading the books for the whole time I could have. I was a little disappointed in the sixth book and so was relieved with the seventh. I almost cried when I was reading about Harry's walk to death, I restrained myself and continued. Amazing, I laughed when Harry returned.

message 23: by Roselyn (new)

Roselyn (roselynlee) | 70 comments I think I won`t be that angered, because isn`t J.K.Rowling writing Tales of Beedle & Bard?

message 24: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
The Tales of Beedle the Bard was out December 4th.

message 25: by Melyssa (new)

Melyssa | 48 comments Plus there's always the encyclopedia if she decides to do that.

I really hope JKR doesn't give up writing. I'd love it if she worked on another series.

Emma the Shadowhunter (EmmaLisaStincelli) | 52 comments Lara wrote: "To be honest, I felt empty when I finished the book. I've followed the lives of Ron, Hermione, and Harry for so long they almost became friends of mine. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I really ..."

Me, too. I love reading, and the characters do become my friends.