Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Wei-rd!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 28 comments I was re-shelfing and all of a sudden I was inside some other people's profiles (It even said "hi Christal", "Hi yulia" etc in the upper right corner, I could only see their shelves etc)

Then all of a sudden (after logging out and re-logging in) I noticed I had gotten all of Rivka's four latest adds in my "read-list".

Very strange! :)

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Jan 29, 2008 01:18PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8946 comments I know if you've gotten emails from other users and you click from there, you get into their accounts and can fool with the shelves thinking they're yours. It happened to me a long time ago. Deleted a friend's book because I couldn't figure out why it was on my shelf. Luckily, I figured out what was going on and I was able to call her and tell her to re shelve and rate the book. We get "soft" access to others' accounts; no access to private messages because those require a password. I've been careful to not let it happen again. But, I'm not sure if this is what you've just experienced. Sounds similar though.

Edit: Ah, here's the thread that explains it:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show_g...

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary (mrthomson) | 4 comments I have had a couple of books added (Kinky Sex variety) and a new friend added. I also seem to have been inside some friends accounts after clicking on my books. Not very impressive.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 28 comments I read that thread, too.
Twilight Zone à la GR. :)

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary (mrthomson) | 4 comments More books added—not by me. This is very offputting. Not sure I wish to continue using the site.

message 6: by rivka, librarian moderator (last edited Jan 30, 2008 10:27AM) (new)

rivka | 12278 comments Mod
Have you tried logging out, clearing your browser's cache, and then logging in again?

I agree that it's upsetting (the books I had to delete from my shelves were definitely not ones I would have added), but please keep in mind that the problem came from GoodReads trying to put in place many of the requests for changes that we have made.

message 7: by Geri (new)

Geri (WomanReadingBook) I'm not really Geri, but yet here I am.

message 8: by Geri (new)

Geri (WomanReadingBook) Sorry, whoever got my ID. I'm really a nice person, so don't be scared. :)

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose account keeps changing from my own to someone else's.

Spooky.

~Geri~
(The "real" Geri)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) | 107 comments This is really disturbing. I do not like the idea of someone else being able to change ANYTHING in my profile.