The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Season 7 author...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 16 comments Hey- Who wrote season 7? Was it Amy Sherman? Or that David guy? Please respond. Thanks.

message 2: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Various people wrote various episodes in season 7, but most S7 episodes were written by either David Rosenthal or Rebecca Kirshner. Other S7 episode writers include Rina Mimoun, Gayle Abrams, Gina Fattore, David Babcock, Jennie Snyder, and David Grae.

The last episode Amy wrote was the S6 finale - Partings.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna (olive415) If you are feeling disappointed by season 7 Zoe, I saw in an interview with Amy Sherman-Palladino that she is hoping to do a reunion movie special to wrap things up a little more in the future (it was a vague open ended future kind of thing). We can all hope.

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Ooohh Olive, thanks for that tidbit. That would be so cool! Unless it turns out to be more Brady Bunch reunion special. heh

message 5: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Yes I would love that!!

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments That would be a travesty. Let GG RIP.

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz | 35 comments YAY! Olive you have given me hope! I would LOVE to see a reunion special for GG though I do agree with Meghan. As long as it is not cheesy...Though I doubt it would be.

message 8: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Well, it might be the different writers that seem to be making all of the episodes in season 7 have tear-jerker moments. Or is it just me? I just watched the one where Lorelai is doing karaoke when Luke walks in :'(

message 9: by Shari Kim (new)

Shari Kim Season 7 sucked really bad. I can't say it any more nicely than that. The new writers completely lost the rhythm of the show. It did no justice to the previous seasons, and it seemed that they tried to build in extra drama in the plot to make up for the sub-par writing. Seriously? Chris and Lorelai getting married? Then divorced? That weird thing with Rory and Marty the Naked Guy? It was like they were grasping at straws. I would love for there to be a movie to end it better than it was! Thanks, Olive!!