Romance Readers and Writers discussion

what have you been reading? Or writing?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

I just finished Martin Cruz Smith's Stalin's Ghost, which has at its heart a wonderful love story (though it took Renko the entire book to admit it. Sheesh, men) What about you?

message 2: by Alie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Alie | 1 comments I'm currently reading Nora Roberts' High Noon. It's pretty good so far. Not as great as her previous novels, but still a great read.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

I like Nora Roberts- especially the JD Robb books, that got me back into reading romance after many years.
Anyone read anything by Suzanne Brockman? She's one of my favorites

message 4: by Blarneygod (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Blarneygod I just finished Light my Fire by Katie MacAlister. I loved this book, but the previous books in this series were better. Nora Roberts and Suzanne Brockmann are two of my favorite authors. I have read all of Nora's books and most of Brockmann's. Some of my favorites of Nora's are Three Fates, Honest Illusions, and Montana Sky. Some of my favorites of Brockmann's are Out of Control, Flashpoint, and Over the Edge.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I just finished Shannon McKenna's Standing in the Shadows, second in the McCloud brothers series. It was a fun read, lots of suspense, action, very bad characters, and sizzling sex scenes. But after the second book I'm already starting to tire of the pushy and overbearing brothers and am not sure if I want to continue this series.

Has anyone read this series and care to comment?

message 6: by Kelly (last edited Feb 26, 2008 12:34PM) (new)

Kelly Moran (authorkellymoran) Love Nora Roberts, Dinah McCall, Tami Hoag, Carla Neggers, Iris Johansen...it's like you are guarunteed a great read.
Currently I'm working on a literary novella. No title yet. First line..."The day I died was just like any other idle Thursday..." Like it? Don't know where it came from the book is going well.
I'm writing a romantic suspense too, it's on my profile page under writing if you wanna let me know what you think.
When The Leaves Stop Falling seems to be getting great reviews too. That's the new published one. I'm happy about that! I loved writing it.
Any other authors here? What are you working on?
~K

message 7: by Jane (new)

Jane | 7 comments I'm in the middle of The Spymaster's Lady. It's very different than most historical romances I've read. It's the type of book I would have read in a day B.C. (before children), work, and writing. Anyone else read this one? I heard it got some nice buzz, and I have to say it's definitely good (but not quite a keeper for me). Then again, it simply could be I can never read more than three pages at a time. It's difficult to get swept away when you're sadly reduced to that amount of reading per sitting.

message 8: by Lisa (last edited Aug 24, 2008 10:27AM) (new)

Lisa Hendrix (lisahendrix) | 4 comments This topic seems to have died off a bit, so I thought I might try to move it up.

I've got a bunch of books on my TBR pile, with Agnes and the Hitman and The Lost Duke of Wyndham on the top.

But I'm in deadline hell right now, getting Immortal Outlaw (Book II in my series) finished, so they'll have to wait.

What are you reading?

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (trishwilsonelizabethblack) | 1 comments I just finished reading "The Ruins", which was okay. I want to get Heather Graham's "Ghost Walk". I also have my eye on four books by Douglas Clegg.

Anyone ever read "Divine Evil" by Nora Roberts or "Strange Candy" by Laurell K. Hamilton? I can't decide which one to get first.

Lizzie

message 10: by Brandilyn (new)

Brandilyn (brandilynvandolah) | 1 comments I have a massive list of books I should be reading, but i'm pretty much waiting for my next book to come in the mail. I just ordered Emily Bryan's latest. I read the bit she had on her site and enjoyed it.

As for writing, I really don't have a deadline, but I do have two part time jobs and school...so I find time to write when I should be sleeping. I just started back on my book, I'm hoping to finish it in this decade.

Anyone have any ideas of some good reads? I generally am a Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Teresa Medeiros, Elosia James, Christina Dodd kinda girl...any thoughts?

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hendrix (lisahendrix) | 4 comments Wow, Brandilyn, it sounds like you're really busy. I admire the fact that you keep writing at all with all those other things on your plate.

Have you ever tried the timer trick? Set a timer for 15 minutes, then write as much as you can in that time. Almost anyone can find 15 minutes in their day, and if you do that every single day, you'll see that pile of finished pages grow and grow.

Best of luck to you.

message 12: by Amie (new)

Amie (amiestuart) | 2 comments Lisa...good luck with the deadline! I just emerged from that bit of hell myself *ggg*

I've got none right now...no deadlines, no contracts, just me and 3 proposals (2 wf and one YA uf) and of course tons of reading since I didn't get to do much over the summer!

message 13: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzanneramos) | 1 comments Hey all,
I just finished Outlander by Diana Gabaldon a couple of days ago and was by Borders today...I couldn't resist picking up the next one in the series, Dragonfly in Amber...I'd love to hear what you guys thought of it you've gotten a chance to read it :)

message 14: by Mia (new)

Mia Marlowe (MiaMarlowe) | 7 comments I love Ms. Gabaldon's work. Her use of language blows me away.

I also enjoy Joy Nash. I'd read her Druids of Avalon series set in Roman Britain before, but just finished her newest Immortals title THE CROSSING. Visit http://www.emilybryan.blogspot.com for my review.