Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Weekly Short Story Contests > Week 8 MAy 4-10 DONE!!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ You have until Saturday afternoon to post a story and on the weekend we'll vote for which on we thought was best.

Please post directly into the topic and not a link. Please don't use a story prviousely used in this group.

Your story should be 300-2500 words long.

The topic this week is Golden

the rules are pretty looses, you couuld write a story about treasure, the golden child... a story that just has the word golden or gold in it.

Have Funn!!

message 2: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Hehehehhehehe. Awesome. :P

message 3: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments You are quite welcome, dearie! :D

message 4: by ~Sunny~ (last edited May 08, 2009 07:45PM) (new)

~Sunny~ good job al! better than mine!

message 5: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ Title: Do You Believe In God?
Author: Sunny
Words: 523

Sebastian J. McClannen sat in the middle of the fourth row of pews in St. Mary’s Church on 32nd street. He was a middle-aged man in a tweed suit with a cream tie and well-worn leather shoes. The reason he was spending his Tuesday afternoon in church was because he was writing a twelfth volume in his religious series on the life, death, re-birth and after-effects of Jesus Christ’s life.

Sebastian stared at the large crucifix on the wall for several seconds, the enormous golden halo around the statue’s head was reflecting the sunlight and creating dancing flecks on his tweed suit. He smiled ruefully at the stain-glass windows and returned to writing in his notebook.

After several more moments of silence except for the scratching of his pen he heard the church doors open and footsteps down the aisle. Sebastian didn’t look up; if someone was here they probably wanted to pray alone. So it was greatly surprising when the woman sat down on the same pew only several feet away from him.

He glanced up briefly at the woman and smiled pleasantly before returned to his notes. The woman was wearing old-fashion clothes, a powder blue blouse with matching gloves and a dark billowy skirt. Her blond hair was also worn in an old-fashion style, neatly coiled into a bun at the base of her neck.

They were both silent for nearly ten minutes before the woman cleared her throat delicately. Sebastian looked up at her; she was much younger than he had first thought, only twenty at most.

“My name is Ingrid,” said the woman.

“Sebastian,” he replied.

“Do you come here often?” she asked.

Sebastian frowned, it seemed like an odd question to him. “Well, yes.”

“Do you believe in God?” she asked.

“Of course I do!” answered Sebastian, surprised at the question.

“So what do you think happens when you die?” she asked, her hazel eyes fixed on Sebastian’s face.

“Well, most people go to heaven, if you’ve done something really terrible then you have to go to hell,” said Sebastian uncomfortably, was this woman a reporter or something?

“Do you think you have done anything terrible enough to go to hell for?”

“Well, err… I don’t think I have.”

“So you think you’re going to end up in heaven then?”

“I suppose so….”

“Good,” said Ingrid, a smile growing on her face. “Then I’m doing you a favor.” The gun was out from the billowy fabric of the skirt before Sebastian had time to comprehend the meaning behind her statement.

The woman bent down, straightening the tie and folding the man’s hands over his chest. Then she rose and walked casually back down the aisle, pausing at the doorway long enough to cross herself.

This was the nineteenth person she had killed, she didn’t feel any guilt. She had asked all of them if they believed in God and if they thought they were going to make it to heaven. If they answered no to either she would leave them.

So, do you believe in God?

message 6: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) | 2869 comments good stories!

message 7: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ alrighty, sorrythe polls are late but you can ho vote now!

message 8: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 18 comments Poor Sebastian, #19!

message 9: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Nice stories, guys! So hard to choose! :/

message 10: by Jade (new)

Jade omg ya!

message 11: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 49 comments Great stories!!!

message 12: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ sorry i'm so inceredibally late! Jade won, congratz!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.