Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

plum lucky

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by chris (new)

chris (antsissy1) | 16 comments has anyone read this yet? I have read a few reviews where people have said it doesn't measure up to the other between the numbers book. haven't had a chance to read it yet.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I read it. I thought it was okay.

message 3: by chris (new)

chris (antsissy1) | 16 comments I went to vote yesterday and at the check in table were 3 much older women. Each one was reading a Plum book. They are all reading the series. I asked them what made them pick this series and they all said that they started them based on word of mouth but after reading one, they loved to be able to laugh out loud when they read. Of course they loved grandma the most. It was interesting to me that a series of books really captures a broad generation of people.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily The series does appeal to a broad age range! After mentioning that I was reading them to my grandmother (who's 91:)) , she told me she's been listening to them all on tape! Chris, agree I think it's because of the humor that people of all ages love these books!

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I got Plum Lucky the day it came out and I haven't finished it yet, actually. It's short, but I can't seem to get to it, since I'm still finishing up a class. I really haven't liked any of the between-the-numbers books very much though, either.

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Mar 05, 2008 07:22AM) (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 221 comments Mod
I haven't read it yet either. In fact I'm having a hard time getting through Plum Lovin'. Has anyone read that one? The mystical one with Diesel?

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Nicole,

I finally finished Plum Lucky a week or so ago and it was ok. I had the same thoughts about Plum Lovin' and Visions of Sugar Plums. The whole Diesel factor seems strange to me since Stephanie still can't decide between Ranger and Joe - does she really need another man thrown into the mix? I haven't really enjoyed the magical element that only pops up during the holidays thing, either. Of course, I love having the opportunity to get a couple of Plum books every year, so I'll still read the between-the-numbers books. I just don't enjoy them nearly as much as the numbered ones!

message 8: by chris (new)

chris (antsissy1) | 16 comments I finally read plum lucky and it was my favorite because it focused on grandma mazur. The whole diesel thing doesn't bother me at all. It is just enough to keep you "plum" interested but not enough to interfere with the number books.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 39 comments Plum Lucky was on the same level as the other "in-between" books in the Plum series. It was fun and entertaining,though not quite as good as the main books.

I thought that it was a good, short read with the last few chapters being particularly funny. I was reading it at work and people kept coming up to me to figure out what I was laughing so hard about. I recommend the book to any Plum novel lover. It may not be one of the best in the series, but it is still worth reading.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 221 comments Mod
Man! That was a fast read! I packed it for a business trip yesterday, pulled it out of my bag and soon realized I only had 5 pages left! It was fun, but not my fav. I too am a fan of the "between the numbers" books, but they don't quite hold a candle to the numbers books. I need more Ranger and Joe hotness!

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments I thought that it was a decent book, but the "in-between" books do not compare with the numbers books in my own opinion, I guess I don't like Diesel as much as I like Ranger.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (bookaholicemily) | 6 comments i thought it was good but my favourite in-between book would have to be visions of sugar plums