The Children's Hospital The Children's Hospital discussion

Challenging Read

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa This book is one that I found burdensom to read. You could have easily taken 100 pages out of it, and still retained the whole story. And what I found frustrating is I came away feeling like the story was never completed. It is a long book to get to the end of, and be disappointed by the lack of story development.

Aimee Agreed. I have a hard time giving up on a book, but I regret ever picking this one up. I keep thinking that it might get better. I think I have just 10 pages left so I refuse to quit now!

Lesley A wonderful book. Atmospheric, intricate and absorbing.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lesley wrote: "A wonderful book. Atmospheric, intricate and absorbing."

Aimee wrote: "Agreed. I have a hard time giving up on a book, but I regret ever picking this one up. I keep thinking that it might get better. I think I have just 10 pages left so I refuse to quit now!"

Lesley -- I am glad you found much to draw out of this one. I just really struggled with it all the way around.

Lesley Hi Lisa, I really loved it and often think of it.. It is certainly flawed. - the replicators are simplistic, there are undeveloped themes and characters and there is something about the end which I still can't work out. But I couldn't put it down. I was intrigued by the closed environment of the hospital and our plump heroine's powers. I have no medical knowledge but I liked the intricate descriptions of what she was doing. Ultimately I was affected by the characters' plights, which is not common for me. I would be glad to find another book which gripped and amused and bemused me so much. It was interesting to read your comment and I look forward to your thoughts when you have finished it and have had a chance to think about it. Lesley :)