Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Good Luck Chuck

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arctic (new)

Arctic skip it.

My husband rented this thinking it would be a light and fun comedy, and I'll admit to some mild curiosity about it. It's less about Jessica Alba's bad luck (as the previews might have you believe) and more about Chuck's exploits in bed, or lack thereof.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

hmm..i still wanna see it. i dislike jessica alba with a passion, but dane cook is pretty funny.

wait..its the movie with dane cook right?? lol

message 3: by Arctic (new)

Arctic yep. that's the one.

I'd say it's comparable to movies like 40 days and 40 nights if you liked that.

message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments I just saw this last night. It is not one of the best movies, but it made me laugh out loud, that is a good thing. Somehow the movies I have been watching lately have sad, awful endings so comic relief is a good thing.

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 118 comments I thought it was funny although I could have done without some of those sex scenes.

Dane Cook was good as always.

PurpleObsessor_15 (HunnyBunn13) | 16 comments I still wanna see it. My aunt rented it and liked it.

message 7: by Cathy Berry (new)

Cathy Berry | 30 comments Please skip this! I saw this in the theater and thought it was a waste of both my time and $. If you saw the trailer then you've seen the "best" this film has to offer. I wouldn't even watch it on free TV.

(As I reread this it sounds pretty harsh. I'm not a movie snob - love silly movies, love romantic comedies, and liked Dane Cook in Dan In Real Life, but I really thought this was a bad,bad movie!)

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate martin | 4 comments I watched this since Dane Cook was in it and I was really disappointed. I barely made it through the whole thing.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 13 comments I really like Dane Cook, and when I saw the trailer I thought it looked funny. The only parts of the movie that actually had to do with Jessica Alba's bad luck was what the trailer showed. The rest was about his sex life. If you truely love Dane Cook and want a laugh or two than this movie may interest you..if not don't bother.