Movies We've Just Watched discussion

ACTION Flicks > Wolverine *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith (last edited May 03, 2009 04:22PM) (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments ******OF COURSE WITHOUT A DOUBT SPOILERS******
**************did i mention SPOILERS***************
*********DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE***********

wow this movie was such a flood of information! there was a whole huge backstory over what i think was around 200 years given in 10-15 minutes! i really liked this film...but there were things i didn't like.

first what i did! the story between victor and james (saber and wolverine) was fascinating! i never knew they were brothers! i only wish there had been more dialog between them! of course the hotness factor was very nice for the ladies! yummy! i liked the action, it was fun to see all the wars and see everyone going gun ho at each other fighting tooth and nail!

what i did not like was the ending, so anti-climatic and abrupt. gambit was a HUGE and i mean HUGE disappointment! i have always loved gambit and couldn't wait to see him in the movie. but he was in the way and no real grit to his story and he did not have an accent...it was light at best! i have always loved his strong creole accent! and some of the special affects were lame! wolverines claws in the bathroom looked fake, big time fake, they looked better in the xmen movies.

but overall i really liked the movie! it was fun! action packed! naked approved! and the story was fascinating! eye opening!

message 2: by Ceci (last edited May 05, 2009 02:02PM) (new)

Ceci (cecialbiceleste) | 529 comments I saw Wolverine yesterday and I loved it... I thought it was much better than the previous X-Men films (put together), more adult and darker. Hugh Jackman completely embodies his character, making it believable despite all the fantastic Wolveriny elements... but it's really Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed who makes this a great movie. He's a fantastic character actor and I found myself waiting for him to show up... Scenes with Victor are definitely the best and most electrifying in the whole movie. I'd not have loved Wolverine the movie as much if it'd not been for Liev Schreiber as Victor / Sabretooth. He's danger, tragedy and darkness personified.

message 3: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i agree! i found myself waiting for victor to be in the shots too! the whole storyline of them being brothers fascinated me!

message 4: by Alex DeLarge (last edited May 09, 2009 11:43AM) (new)

Alex DeLarge | 851 comments I'm a comic book geek at heart but I'll stick with the Chris Claremont/Frank Miller mini-series. You have read the 4 issue mini-series right?? Some of the best "super-hero" writing & pencilling in the medium of sequential art. Oh, those halcyon days of imagination before computer based drawing and coloring technology replaced talent. If you haven't read this series, you can buy the graphic novel in any comic store: the original issues are rather expensive!

message 5: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (cecialbiceleste) | 529 comments Thanks for the recommendation, Alex! Not read them, yet. :)

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I could eat Gambit alive........

He needs his own movie.

message 7: by Little Sparrow (new)

Little Sparrow (Ella) (LittleSparrow) I liked it a lot...

message 8: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i was SOOOOOOO disappointed in gambit! he is one of my absolute characters and i was REALLY excited to see him in this movie! but he never really came to full character, he was weak and...he seemed more in the way than a help.

message 9: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (cecialbiceleste) | 529 comments My thoughts exactly, Faith. Gambit was a cute boy but that was really that.

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) He was just having an off day, that's all! We all have that, even Gambit.

He'll be better. He promises.

He never meant to hurt you.