What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED children's book... girl who misunderstands her mom's words [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren ok, this was a children's book from the 80's i think. it was about a little girl who wants to obey her mom but mishears everything her mom tells her. very funny situations ensue. i think the little girl may have had something on her head that kept her from hearing... and there were lots of animals in the book. in fact, maybe the little girl was an animal...

any ideas?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 28 comments Hm, it sounds like a particular chapter from one of the Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books, but then the animals don't add up. Perhaps a not uncommon theme in books written by adults for children!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren no, this was definitely its own book. i remember the copy i had was a red or pink cover.

message 4: by Cece (new)

Cece (cece18) | 15 comments sounds like either "somebody's antlers"...can't remember the child's name-Emmiline is bouncing around in my head but I don't think that is correct;
or, a chapter of Pippi Longstocking, if she misunderstood someone other than her mother.

message 5: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 1 comments I think it's Amelia Bedelia. Her mom wants marble countertops, and Amelia glues marble all over the kitchen counters, etc.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) Amelia Bedelia was a grown up though, not a kid. She was a maid. She just took everything at it's most literal sense. When she played baseball with the kids they told her to run home, so she did.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren so far, no luck. it definitely wasn't amelia bedelia. it was more like the mom would say "pull up a chair" and she hears "ask in a bear" and so invites the bear in for dinner. things like that.
i'll need to call up my mom and see if she has it in the basement somewhere.
ini

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren FOUND IT!! i asked my mom and she couldn't find it... but then i asked my sister and she remembered enough for me to find it... it's called The Cat Who Wore A Pot On Her Head and it's by Jan Slepian. if any of you have 5-7 year olds, this is bound to be a favorite!

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 28 comments Will definitely check it out!