Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Recommend a Book > Publicatin day for THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancybachrach) | 8 comments Thank you, Joy, for moderating this book club and for the chance to announce news to its members. I've been working on a book about my mother (since kindergarten), and it is being published tomorrow, May 4th, by Knopf. My mother was the self-proclaimed "center of the universe," a woman whose medical history read like the chapter headings of a psychiatric manual. When she was 55, she was the victim of a freak boating accident that killed my father and left her in a coma (the doctor at the souped-up seaside hospital wrote in her chart that she was in a "comma"). She was not expected to recover, but my mother has always been full of surprises. For a story of hope, courage and resilience, please take a look at my first chapter, posted on my website (http://www.nancybachrach.com).
Happy reading to all....
Nancy Bachrach

message 2: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited May 04, 2009 08:28AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Nancy Bachrach wrote: "Thank you, Joy, for moderating this book club and for the chance to announce news to its members. I've been working on a book about my mother (since kindergarten), and it is being published tomorrow, May 4th, by Knopf...."

Hi Nancy,
I'm looking forward to reading your book, _The Center of the Universe A Memoir_.
The Center of the Universe A Memoir by Nancy Bachrach
From your comments above and from the reviews, I can see that it will be a thought-provoking and readable book.
I found the reviews at: ====>
http://www.nancybachrach.com/newslett...

Below is a comment from one of those reviews:
===================================================
“Of the many ways to deal with a father’s sudden death and a mother’s injury and madness, Nancy Bachrach chooses breezy comedy. Like the best of the stand-ups, she pushes the wisecrack and irony to the outer limits in this smart, fast-paced family memoir of disaster.”
—Alix Kates Shulman, author of To Love What Is: A Marriage Transformed
====================================================

Good luck, Nancy!

Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Center of the Universe (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nancy Bachrach (other topics)