Aspire to Write discussion

Our Inspiration > Movie Inspiration

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Do movies every inspire you to write? Have you written a story that you got inspired to write? Have you watched a movie and wanted to write a story that has similar scenes/characters?

For example, if you've watched Spy Kids (totally random movie) and you liked all the gadgets. Have you wanted to write a story with gadgets and tricks in it?

message 2: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 69 comments Some reason Jumper makes me want to write because I hate it so much. I'm like NO! This is what should happen not that. Other than that lots of movies inspire me, Milk ((more than writing, too)), Into the Wild, anything superhero in general, Lord of the Rings...lots more.

message 3: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) | 506 comments Mod
I know how you feel about Jumper, Harli...Not that movie specifically, but there are a lot of movies, shows, and books I would gladly have rewritten had I been given the opportunity...

You know what inspires me to write? Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and Coraline. I don't know why, but just the demented creativity of it just motivates me! Of course, I can't make things seem as creepy and demented as they are in that movie. When I paint, though, I tend to make things morbidly bloody, so I guess I make up for it with that.

What movies inspire YOU to write, Anuhea?

message 4: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I'm big about the whole stupid spy stuff. That's why I gave that kids movie, Spy Kids, as an example. That was the only movie I could think of at the time.

message 5: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

Hah! That's cool. I used to watch those movies and pretend I was a spy...it was fun. I had this playset outside with swings and things of the like and a slide and used to try to climb across that whole thing without touching the ground in zero time...I was pretty good at it.

message 6: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I'm weird like that. I love watching movies with guns, and all those cool things that you won't really have with you all the time (though they act like it's something you're supposed to put in your handbag...).

message 7: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

I know! Like floss and stuff...Who carries all that?

A good thing to carry with you is a pencil sharpener and a couple of bobby pins...the blade in a sharpener is really effective and useful.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly!!!! It's one of the only weapons you can bring to school. Apart from scissors...which are also useful. I found that they are good screwdrivers.

message 9: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I have a friend that's a girl, and she's nice and sweet and everything. But she'll pick a fight with a boy if she gets mad enough. She punched a guy in the stomach twice, tackled a guy in tackle football, she put a guy in a headlock, and who knows what else! That's a good weapon! Maybe a heavy backpack to knock someone out would do good :)

message 10: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

Or, if you carry alot of books in your tote bag like I do, that's effective...I also have really long, hard nails (not like 9 inches but longer than normal peoples') and I've discovered that I can make people bleed with them...

message 11: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I can hurt people like that too!

message 12: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

Sick!

message 13: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I like your title. MUSIC IS LIFE!

message 14: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

I have a bifful who hates music and it depresses me often...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

wait..what's bifful?

message 16: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

The pronunciation of BFFL.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

oh. ok.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

why? hates music? who hates music????

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

all types....or just certain ones?

message 20: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

All types. She says it "gives her a headache". WTF???

So I told her to listen to Lonely Day by System of a Down, and she did, and she said it hurt her head.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

even soft, classical music?

message 22: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (last edited May 10, 2009 08:02PM) (new)

Well, that she just plain hates.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

ok...

message 24: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Your BFFL scares me! Everywhere is music! Sounds are music! Life would be so boring without sounds aka music!

message 25: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

I know! And she's a dancer WHO PLAYS PIANO! I mean, what the hell, right?

message 26: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I KNOW! Wtf?!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

What??

message 28: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Tia's BFFL is scary and strange!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

um....yeah!

message 30: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) According to Tia, Tia's BFFL doesn't like music.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

BUT she plays piano and dances.

message 32: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

We have established all of this.

message 33: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yes. I know Tia, but Sara asked. So I was explaining?

message 34: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

Was that a question. How about we switch punctuation.

message 35: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I don't know if I was explaining, or if we were reviewing our conversation. You're confusing me! TIA AND SARA!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Well now I'm confused.

message 37: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

Join the club!

message 38: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Great. No one explain, or that will confuse us all.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

so...what now?

message 40: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Talk about pretty blue skies!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Pretty...floaty clouds...fluffy...

message 42: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah. So many different clouds...

message 43: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

I prefer gray, depressing, cloudy skies. I really do. Not just saying that. I think it's just...prettier. Like God put more effort into all the different tones of gray.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmm...I guess it makes sense.

message 45: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah, it does make sense. I hate when people say stuff to others like, "God was on drugs when he made you." It's just so annoying. Anyway, back to pretty gray clouds!

message 46: by Tia Todd, I am addicted to Mountain Dew and Adam Gontier's voice. (new)

I like clouds better than the sun, you know? The sun is always...glaring.

message 47: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I know! It gets annoying. Except all week it has been raining. I love when it's dark and rainy...

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I like both the sun and clouds. But it rains so much here, it's always SO cloudy here...it's depressing.

message 49: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) It hasn't rained a lot here for a while, so I like the dark and rainy weather.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Stupid West Coast. It was rainy for...hmmm...october, november, december, january, febuary, march, april....oh yes. 7 MONTHS!!!

« previous 1 3