Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Who will live? Who will die?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone dies and I don't have to hear about it anymore.

message 2: by Latharia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Latharia We've been discussing that, in the wake of seeing Order of the Phoenix in the theatre. My sweetie thinks Harry will sacrifice himself...I expect for it to be Neville, for some reason.

message 3: by Kecia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kecia I think Harry and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will have a final battle that Harry wins but suffers a mortal wound in the process...like the King Arthur and Mordred legend. I hope not...but that's what I'm preparing myself for. I can't wait to find out that I'm wrong!

message 4: by Kenny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kenny I willing to bet Harry dies. The prophecy said if one does the other does, but in more fancy terms. I also think more then just Harry will die. Ron and Hermonie(I suck at spelling) will more then likely live. A lot of others will die in a war of good vs bad.

message 5: by Ayana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Ayana I think that Neville will end up dying, but Harry will defeatVoldemort. Something will probably happen to him though.

message 6: by Hilary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hilary I think that Snape is going to die saving Harry. I don't think Dumbledore is dead either...

message 7: by Hollyhocks (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hollyhocks JK said Dumbledore is dead ... but I really think it has to be Harry and Voldemort .. I don't know how Harry could live ...

message 8: by Vijay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vijay Nathan A lot of people seem to think that Harry will die. I think he will not die. My rationale is that ultimately when all is said and done this is a book aimed primarily at children. Children will not want their hero to die. Also, the prophecy says One cannot survive as long as the other lives. So that means one of them will die and we all know Voldemort will die. I mean it is a children's book after all. I think Ginny will die and I agree with Hilary that Snape will probably die trying to save Harry. I disagree that Dumbledore will reappear but I think perhaps Sirius will.

message 9: by Hilary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hilary Good point about Ginny...or the radio yesterday said Hermione???!?! Who knows...we will know tonight!

message 10: by Stacymcf (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stacymcf I pretty much agree with what Vijay has said. Not sure about Ginny, but I also think Snape will die and perhaps Sirius will return. Also, I think Dumbledore might appear in a portrait in the headmaster's office.

message 11: by Ayana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:39AM) (new)

Ayana Yay! Its out, but now I have to get it....

Shira i think dobbie will die. because he is really atached to harry and harry is kinda recklace

Shira then why did u even sign in??

Shira thank god u are!!

Annalise harry doesn't die neither does ginny or anyone except fred tonks and lupin

message 16: by Karina (last edited Oct 20, 2008 11:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karina *spoiler*

hedwig dies, and mad-eye, dobby dies, fred dies,tonk dies, lupin dies. alot of ppl die. its so sad. oh and bellatrix dies but we don't feel sorry for her cause she's a meany.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

*spoiler* duh!

All through these books these people die:

James potter
Lily potter
Quirrell
Cedric diggory
Sirius Black
Dumbledore
Charity Burbage
Alastor moody (Mad eye moody)
Hedwig
Scrimegour
Bathilda bagshot
Remus Lupin
Tonks
Tonks dad, Ted
Peter pettigrew
Bellatrix lestrange
Fred weasley
Crabbe
Colin creevey
Voldemort and kind of Harry but he came back.

Karina That was weird, the way Harry just came back. So did he die or not? That's like confusing. I didn't get it. I was really sad when Fred died.

You forgot Dobby on your list Meghan(Meg).

message 19: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna You forgot Severus Snape.

Karina oh yeah. we just don't feel bad for him because no body really like him (well I didn't) so i don't feel for his lost, i feel every ones else but not his.

message 21: by Tami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tami What about Aragog? :)

message 22: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Karina, yeah, Snape was evil to Harry but he was sort of an interesting character

message 23: by Annalisa (last edited Oct 29, 2008 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annalisa Karina,
Gasp! Nobody likes Snape! He's my favorite character. And I do feel bad for him. Snape's memories is my favorite chapter in Deathly Hallows. Don't you feel a little bit sorry for the boy coming from a broken home whom everybody made fun of and he spent his life in love with someone who didn't love him back? And that he sacrificed his life to protect Harry even if he hated him? It makes me sad all over just typing that.

To answer your question about Harry dying and not dying: Lily protected Harry as a baby with her sacrifice of love. Love was the magic that cast a shield on him. In Order of the Phoenix Dumbledore comments that love is the most powerful magic and the reason why its door is always locked in the department of mysteries. Love is the power from the prophecy Harry has that Voldemort knows not both times he hits Harry with avada kedavra undefended. First Lily protects him and then Harry protects himself. Just like Lily, because he willingly sacrificed himself the magic of love shielded him (but not the horcrux). And since Voldemort took Harry's blood, the original shield Lily placed on him still lives and gives him added protection. So he doesn't die (well the horcrux part of him does); love protects him. The spell knocked him unconscious though (getting rid of a horcrux is going to knock you out) and in that in-between state, he could have still ended it if he gave up and chose to die, but it would have been his choice. The love shield also protected all the people he sacrificed for and part of the reason Voldemort's curses wouldn't work (that and the elder wand not working for him).

message 24: by Tami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tami Karina, you included Voldemort and nobody really liked him either.

Karina Yeah...but Voldemort is like a way bigger character than Snape ever will be. So th that answers Tami's question.

I can't see why you like Snape,Annalis, he's a butt head. I kind of understand the way Harry Potter dies, thanks.

Pandy I love the character of Snape. I mean I like reading about him, not because I approve of him. I would not classify him as a hero, but maybe an anti-hero. He only cared for Lily, not Harry. The reason he protected Harry was his memory of Lily. Harry hated Snape because Snape hated Harry and Snape was the first one to show his animosity. Still, Snape showed immense courage and you're right Annalis, I do feel a little sorry for him(The Prince's Tale was my favorite chapter too).

Isaac @ Annalina *SPOILER* Harry does die, but along with a part of voldemort that was his created his scar. Harry meets Dumbeldore at King's Cross Station and comes back with the power of the resurrection stone. The reason for it was that part of Volemort's spell rebounded and the part that died became a part of Harry-the closest living thing in the room. Very late post and most people may know this by now.