Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melissa's April Reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited May 01, 2009 09:31PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) I finished several books in April- and am still reading a couple more that I started..
here are the ones that I finished
Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich - I enjoyed reading about the adventures of the main characters and a big dog..
Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies,
this is a cozy mystery "set in" a Restaurant, with 2 friends acting as detectives and True Believer, I liked the romantic story to this book.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich - I enjoyed reading about the adventures of the main characters and a big dog..

If you have read the Stephanie Plum series, you know that there is a character affectionately known as Bob the dog. He and Stephanie's hamster are two of my favorites.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) I have the first in the Stephanie Plum series in my to be read bookshelf and Im looking forward to getting started with that series~ thanks!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Melissa:
Re: Reading Stephanie Plum.
Prepare yourself for laugh out loud moments. You may have to explain yourself if reading in public!

Melissa wrote: "I have the first in the Stephanie Plum series in my to be read bookshelf and Im looking forward to getting started with that series~ thanks!"

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments Melissa wrote: "I have the first in the Stephanie Plum series in my to be read bookshelf and Im looking forward to getting started with that series~ thanks!"

Oh, you're going to LOVE these, Melissa!! They are the best thing if you're in a crappy mood! Grandma Mazur & Lula will make me laugh everytime!

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments Cheryl wrote: "Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich - I enjoyed reading about the adventures of the main characters and a big dog..

If you have read the Stephanie Plum series, you know that there is a character affect..."

I love Bob, too, Cheryl! I like it when the pets have such personalities. There is a dog in the Remy Chandler books named Marlowe. He's a black lab, and since Remy is an angel he understands all languages, even those of animals. So he & Marlowe communicate with each other.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) Ive heard so...many good things about the Stephanie Plum series, they sound great!

Melodie, the Remy Chandler books sound interesting~ thanks for the suggestion!

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Melissa wrote: "I have the first in the Stephanie Plum series in my to be read bookshelf and Im looking forward to getting started with that series~ thanks!"

Hurry Melissa! You have a few to catch up on :) I love the Stephanie Plum books!

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) Susie ~ Is there now 14 or 15 in the Stephanie Plum series? :)

message 10: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Melissa ~ Fifteen will be coming out soon :) She also has a few "in-between" books that she throws in. Some are good...some aren't so good. But I still think you will enjoy them!

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Melissa wrote: "Susie ~ Is there now 14 or 15 in the Stephanie Plum series? :)

"

Her books come out regularly in June. Last year's was FEARLESS FOURTEEN; this June's will be FINGER LICKIN' FIFTEEN.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) Thanks!