Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's April Reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments I'm still not used to posting here, so I'm just going to make a list...without any comments.

Weeding Out Trouble by Heather Webber (4.5/5)
Shadows on the Coast of Maine by Lea Wait (4/5)
Fleece Navidad by Maggie Sefton (3.5/5)
Clubbed to Death by Elaine Viets (4/5)
Antiques Flee Market by Barbara Allan (4/5)
Dying in Style by Elaine Viets (3.5/5)
Shadows on the Ivy by Lea Wait (4/5)
Six Geese A-Slaying by Donna Andrews (4/5)
Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof by Blaize Clement (4/5)
Shadows at the Spring Show by Lea Wait (3.5/5)

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) Hi Susie, Which books did you like the best?

message 3: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Susie mentioned: "Six Geese A-Slaying by Donna Andrews (4/5)"

I think I'm getting behind on these as this title doesn't sound familiar. Which means--probably not on my Amazon wish list. I can't remember the title of the last one I read in the Meg and Michael series. Often I read them at the beginning of summer vacation, so maybe this year I'll have more than one Donna Andrews book to read.

Jan O'Cat

Donna in Southern Maryland (cedarville922) | 120 comments RE: Donna Andrews' Meg & Michael series: Jan, I think we were both 2 behind. I read them in the last month or so. Cockatiels at Seven, and Six Geese a-slaying.

Susie, (or anyone)since it looks like we read some of the same books, Elaine Viets and Blaize Clements, as well as Donna Andrews, do you know the author of the series set in the Northeast about a young woman who runs an auction house? She used to work at one of the biggies in New York, then was shunned after she turned in someone who was cheating? I think I read 3 in the series, now I can't remember the author!

Thanks,
Donna in Southern Maryland

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 101 comments Donna in Southern Maryland wrote: "RE: Donna Andrews' Meg & Michael series: Jan, I think we were both 2 behind. I read them in the last month or so. Cockatiels at Seven, and Six Geese a-slaying.

Susie, (or anyone)since it looks li..."

Hi Donna. I'm not Susie but I think the author you mentioned is Jane Cleland.
Leslie

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Melissa wrote: "Hi Susie, Which books did you like the best?"

Melissa ~ I really enjoyed the whole series by Heather Webber. I think Weeding Out Trouble is the last one she is writing though :( I wrote and told her how much I was going to miss the characters. She said she has a new series starting in January...so I will definitely give it a try!
Susie

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Leslie wrote: "but I think the author you mentioned is Jane Cleland"

Uh oh...sounds like another series that I might like!

message 8: by OMalleycat (last edited May 02, 2009 05:19PM) (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Donna said: "Jan, I think we were both 2 behind. I read them in the last month or so. Cockatiels at Seven, and Six Geese a-slaying."

Oh goodie. That's TWO! The Meg and Michael books are definitely lightweight, but when I'm in the mood I really enjoy them, especially Meg's dad and the rest of her family and that mean dog!

Jan O'Cat, probably shouldn't admit loving a dog character

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14963 comments Jan O'DogLovingCat:
Mom and I really like Spike too! I think that is his name anyway...

JanOMalleycat wrote: " The Meg and Michael books are definitely lightweight, but when I'm in the mood I really enjoy them, especially Meg's dad and the rest of her family and that mean dog!

"

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14963 comments Jan O'DogLovingCat:
Mom and I really like Spike too! I think that is his name anyway...

JanOMalleycat wrote: " The Meg and Michael books are definitely lightweight, but when I'm in the mood I really enjoy them, especially Meg's dad and the rest of her family and that mean dog!

"

message 11: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Ann said: "Mom and I really like Spike too! I think that is his name anyway... "

LOL, Ann, this afternoon when I was posting I thought it was Spike but I just wasn't sure enough to use his name.

Jan O'Cat, "Spike" isn't nearly as elegant as OMalley, is it?

Donna in Southern Maryland (cedarville922) | 120 comments Yes, Spike is featured in both books, and has a important part in Cockatiels at Seven. I think you'll enjoy both of them, Jan.

Donna in Southern Maryland