Math is great! discussion

Hellooo!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary (mrthomson) I have a rather poor degree in mathematics and have taught the subject at Junior High School level.

I would like to have been a mathematician:)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  That sounds kind of nice. Having all the knowledge without all the work!

message 3: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ack! proofs! NOOO!!!! srry, i took geometry last year, and i dislike proofs VERY strongly. they're not hard if you know the thoerms and stuff, but they take FOREVER!

message 4: by Elaine (last edited Apr 09, 2009 06:32PM) (new)

Elaine (Caladhiel) Yep, I think it would be awesome to be a mathematical genius! But I think it would also have it's hardships, just like anything.

message 5: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) my dad showed me this proof of 1=0 it was awesome!! Course, I messed it up and got 3=0 at one point, so you can then prove 1=3 too. man, i love math XD

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (Caladhiel) How'd he do that? I love math too!!!

message 7: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i'll put it as my profile pic

message 8: by Elaine (last edited Apr 15, 2009 09:18PM) (new)

Elaine (Caladhiel) Awesome! Can's see it real well, do you think you could put it up here as a bigger pic? =)

message 9: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) if you add me as a friend, you can see it bigger. i dont know how to get it up onto gr unless i put it on the actual internet, and i dont have a website that I can do that with...

message 10: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (Caladhiel) Okay. LOL! Me neither. =D

message 12: by Adam (new)

Adam | 13 comments I think I've seen the 1 = 0 "proof" before. It's not really valid, if it's the one I'm thinking of, at some point you have to divide by zero, which violates the rules.

Also, don't judge proofs by a high school Geometry class, it's a very poor representation of what Math proofs are, in my opinion.