Fables, Vol. 9: Sons of Empire Fables, Vol. 9 discussion

series falling off

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Doug This issue felt like treading water after all that has come before. Hopefully the series will pick up soon.

Doyle Don't worry. It gets better in the next 3 books as the Adversary/Homeland conflict comes to a head. Unfortunately, the creative team then takes a steaming turd and calls it "Fables: The Great Fables Crossover (Book 13)," which I would suggest skipping entirely as nothing consequential or lasting happens in this weak attempt to get people to buy Jack of Fables right before it gets cancelled. Things get back on track afterwards with interesting character driven stories with book 14.

Richard I felt the last 2 have dropped off a bit (8 and 9), but that was kind of the point of Sons of Empire.
As Willingham himself states right in the beginning (as the intro to 'Hair') - "...whose purpose is to introduce some of the other members of our (usually) happy community."
I'm guessing it will pick up as the war really begins, and Doyle - thank you for confirming that.
All series have - indeed, they need - a lull before the final push. I'm looking forward to it :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

So far, I've loved every single volume, so I'm not sure what you would like lol. And I disagree that The Fables Crossover was inconsequential. . . . It was very much the opposite. I'll try not to spoil anything, but let's just say a fairly important story gets taken care of. Also, Jack of Fables wasn't cancelled. It continued until it's planned ending.