Monthly "Reads" > april 2009 - sandi

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1228 comments Hi everyone. Here are my April reads:

The Singapore Wink-Ross Thomas
Quick reading thriller

The doom campaign-Mary McMullen
Really enjoyed this tale of suspense set in the advertising world of New York City in the 1970's. First heard about this author on Ed Gorman's blog.

Lost A Novel-Michael Robotham
DI Vincent Ruiz wakes up in a London hospital with a bullet wound to the leg and no memory of what happened. Really good audio with narration by Ray Lonnen.

One Helluva Ride How Nascar Swept the Nation-Liz Clarke
Good readable look at the history of NASCAR.

South by Java Head-Alistair MacLean,
WW2 adventure tale of an incredible journey a few hardy souls take to try and escape the fall of Singapore.

Black Postcards A Musical Romance-Dean Wareham
Memoir by the lead singer of two critically acclaimed indie rock bands that never hit the big time.

Pictures at a Revolution Five Movies and the Birth of the New Hollywood-Mark Harris
Very detailed (sometimes exhausting) look at the five best picture nominees for the 1968 Academy Awards. Audio narrated by Lloyd James

The Shanghai Moon-S. J. Rozan
Book of the month for me. So happy to see Bill and Lydia back in action. Hope we do not have to wait as long for the next installment.

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments This was my favorite of the whole series, though there were others that came really close.
Barry
Sandi wrote: "Hi everyone. Here are my April reads:

The Singapore Wink-Ross Thomas
Quick reading thriller

The doom campaign-Mary McMullen
Really enjoyed this tale of susp..."

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Raffety (jraffety) | 16 comments Sandi, I really liked The Singapore Wink, in fact I think I liked everything from Ross Thomas.